Favorite thing to Q

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Mike,Chris A. says you like to grill and smoke. What are your favorite things to grill and smoke? PS-thanks for all the hard work at Weber!
icon_smile.gif

Parliment lights.

I'm kidding.

Well I enjoy the standard stuff: Hot dogs, yes! When they are halfway done, slice them and put in a slice of cheese. Vienna Beef only. Hamburgers.. either from the market or following one of Steve Raichlen's burger recipes (with variations). Homemade pizza -my late mother's dough recipe. Corn for elotes. Pineapple with myers dark rum, brown sugar, vanilla and butter on it. I think that's a Weber recipe. Then fish, clams, sausage, brats, chicken, steak -all the good old American back yard food. Sometimes I'll throw something on there to go along for the ride. whole onion and whole garlic with olive oil wrapped in foil... i've even tried frozen fish sticks.

For smoking.. The standards: Ribs, pulled pork, brisket, chicken or chicken pieces. I've been really focused on recipes of those in particular the sauces. I love my mustard sauce a lot. The one that Jamie Purviance has on page 118 is good for a red. Sometimes i'll try something different, but again.. that'll go along for the ride if it falls flat.

-Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Durso:
The one that Jamie Purviance has on page 118 is good for a red. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Are you referring to Weber's Charcoal Grilling?

Ranch House BBQ Ribs Sauce

1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup cider vinegar
2 TBSP light brown sugar
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP honey
1 TBSP molasses
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Combine the ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and brush on ribs toward the end of cooking.

Yeah! That looks like it. That link took me to Alton Brown though. Go figger!

I've been having more fun with the sauces lately. You have all this pulled pork left over so it's good to try out a few different things.

Oh! And try the pork as an ingredient. From common to uncommon: My friend Grace makes some killer nachos at her mobile cook shack (http://www.galewoodcookshack.com/Site/home.html) and I just saw in the latest Esquire using rib meat for an eggs benedict.

You can open up a whole lot of excuses to smoke on Saturday and then use it all again on a Sunday in a completely different way.

-Mike

Back