Gary H. NJ wannabe.

Geir Widar

TVWBB Wizard
I’d planned to copy the fantastic chicken, ham and lobster recipe that Gary posted.
It did not go as planned.
I see no need to go into boring details, but during some of my days passing by I have to use most of my energy to fight inner demons. They tell me that I am useless, not worth anything, incapable of achieving the simplest tasks, and that I am a evil person. This has been one of those days. Not much energy left for making time consuming dishes.
At the same time I am a miser, and I had already thawed the small lobster I had bought.
So, to keep my promise, here are three shots. Without any final plate, or the fantastic looking sauce from the original, but the taste was great, with fresh vegetables and noodles as sides. I used thin strips of homemade pancetta instead of ham, and added some Turkish Feta cheese in one of the breasts. To be frank, the feta cheese one was even better than the other one. A bit more juicy.

As usual, click on pics for large ones. Sorry for the substandard pictures.

I'm sorry to hear you're fighting the inner demons these days. Don't be so hard on yourself.
The chicken/ham/lobster look just fine. Better than that even. I'll have to try the feta addition myself (not very Chinese, but sounds tasty).
Wishing you all the best Geir. Be well.

I know I am a newbie, but please be sure to take care of yourself. I lurked here for a long time before I signed up and have enjoyed many of your posts. Heck, your pork chop sear has it's place on my computer background.
icon_smile.gif

I sincerely hope you can find the energy to continue your cooking, smoking, grilling, sausage making and whatever, so the rest of us can learn from and enjoy your posts and pictures.

Take Care.

Geir, Do not feel alone My Friend. Things in the USA have not been good of late either. Keep the Faith Sir.

We are getting ready to change our path....Soon.

Sir Geir, please understand everyone has inner demons and to fight them can take a lifetime of energy... you, my friend, are on the right track dealing with those bastards...
keeping your strength to do other things in life is essential. knowing you have friends to confine in helps tremendously, please keep open your lines to your friends.
And most importantly, keep cooking great food for yourself AND your family!
You ARE here for others and we ARE here for you!

oh yeah, your chicken looks Fricken-Fantastic!!

Looks just fine Geir. I think a "bad cook" at your house would probably put most of us to shame. Make sure to make the time for the things you enjoy, such as cooking, to help fight the demons. I know after a bad day or week a little time to myself with my cooker and a few good tunes make a world of difference.

Geir,
I can only offer to you what others have stated, be well my friend.
Spring is nigh, with a new beginning, and your Norwegian winter a fading memory.
Hopefully your demons will melt away with the snow.

Your chicken dish looks great, and as Mr Sample said, what you consider a not so great cook would put most of us to shame.
Not to mention your very fine photography skills.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They tell me that I am useless, not worth anything, incapable of achieving the simplest tasks, and that I am a evil person. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geir making food that looks that good is not a simple task. And your creativity with the pancetta and feta makes the dish. Tell the demons to take a hike and eat some of your fantastic chicken. Well done--- as in good not burnt.
icon_redface.gif
)

Back