Cochon Butcher restaurant in New Orleans

Jon Des.

TVWBB Gold Member
OK, so this isn't exactly a barbecue place, but it is a place that board members will appreciate. The chef is a James Beard finalist for 2012 National Outstanding Chef (and has an outstanding cookbook). This is his third restaurant in New Orleans. He has a fine dining place, a cajun/creole place that was voted best in town by the local paper, and then Cochon Butcher which is a "butcher shop, sandwich counter and wine bar". All of the meats and breads served are made there, and everything we tried was phenomenal. We actually spent more on souvenirs on the way out than we spent for lunch.

Here's a few pics from our visit.

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

P1030762.jpg

P1030763.jpg

Any place with a pork cuts map framed and hung on the wall behind the bar is a place I like!

the wife and I have been working on a trip to NOLA. I think this place is on our radar. Thanks for the pic and info.

I really wanted to hit this place when I was in NO in March. Not enough time to hit all the places we wanted!

Originally posted by j biesinger:
the wife and I have been working on a trip to NOLA. I think this place is on our radar. Thanks for the pic and info.

My wife actually wondered if you had been there when I posted this! You definitely need to get to NOLA and specifically this place. Let me know if you do get there and need any other suggestions.

My wife actually wondered if you had been there when I posted this! You definitely need to get to NOLA and specifically this place. Let me know if you do get there and need any other suggestions.

thanks! but we missed our window this year, and I'm not sure when I'll get another. I had a week off in Feb, and I know I won't get that next year.

We ate there back in May. Had duck pastrami sliders, homemade boudin, and (the best) a pork belly sandwich with mint and cucumber. Here is a link to that sandwich.

All were fantastic, and they had a decent selection of beers. I had a Session Lager from Oregon, which I had not seen in Louisiana before.

The food here is great, and it is very casual. The original Cochon next door serves some killer food too.

Back