What is your most useless gadget?

Julien Gallant

TVWBB Member
I was going through my gadget drawer and came across the most useless item I have ever received as a gift. It's an herb chopper just like this one.

herb cutter

This thing is not sharp so it doesn't cut herbs at all. It just mashes the precious herbs into your cutting board. I looked at it for a few seconds thinking, "Why did I hold on to this thing?" This got me wondering what others have stashed in their drawers that serve no purpose or just don’t work.

Well i would use that to cut up fresh pasta.

My worst have to be the "juice maker" sure its great with some fresh juice,but the cleaning of this electic-piece-of-garbage is not worth it.

I could imagine if i was to do a full keg of juice it would come handy but for a can of fresh no way.

Bless

Funny you should say so Geir i was about to get me one of these for a fast easy 1-glass-mojito-muddler.

I guess i skip it after your post or u wanna trade it for a perfect functional-fantastic-peice of art-juice maker
icon_cool.gif

I love gadgets in any form,but most off em is useless!

Bless//Me

Well, maybe I'm not strong enough, but it is too small and short to give the ceramic ball any "punch". Furthermore the plastic threads have started to fall apart. I have used it a handful of times. An old- fashioned mortar or something is much better, and easier to clean.

I guess it would work for making linguini. I don't really make pasta so it's still useless to me.

As soon as I saw that flavor shaker I thought, " that thing must make a heck of a mess when it has oil and herbs all over the insides.

We've kept an egg yolk seperator in the gadget drawer for 30 years. I guess if I ever need egg whites and get an egg with no shell to use, It'll come in handy.

Ron

Originally posted by Clint:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ron... L.:
We've kept an egg yolk seperator
Ron

that might double as a melon baller </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah... it's more useless than that. It has a little collar around it...presumably to fit over a cup whose diameter would make it equally useless. Being unused and useless I've just had a brainstorm. It's going into the Secret Santa regifting swap at work this year.

You all have inspired me (again).

Ron

So my wife goes to a Pampered chef party at the neighbors house the other night. She asks me to stop in towards the end cause she wants to see if I see anything I could use. Well I just couldn't get over all the cutting gadgets they try to tell us we must have.
The perfect tomato slicer,egg slicer, herb cutters, salad choppers, bread slice thickness guides, apple slicer and corer, a corn kernel slicer/remover etc, etc... It's the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. I have a good set of knives and they can cut through tomatoes, bread, potatoes,apples,herbs, chicken and I can even use a knife to spread butter believe it or not.

I love a good kitchen gadget as much as the next guy. But man oh man, I would need a second island just to house all these things.

My most useless gadget is about 5'7" 135-140 lbs. of 13 year old boy.

No help at all on the gril, but eats the most of anyone when food is done.
winkie.gif

I got a solar powered poultry plucker one year ... just kidding

Can't decide which of these two is more useless:

My wife bought a can opener, for the type of can where you lift a metal ring then pull the lid off (like Pringles chip cans). She's almost phobic of those kind of cans so even though she has the gadget she still gets me to open them, and tries to make me use the tool to ease her own fear.

I got some kind of crazy apple/potato peeler as a gift where you mount the apple vertically then crank and a spring makes the blade follow the contour of the apple. It does a pretty good job of minimizing waste but it's so cumbersome to use I can probably peel 2 - 3 by hand in the time it takes to do one with the peeler.

Shawn W: like this one?

Seen em around and the time to setup and clean this junk! i could have peeled and eaten an apple or 2

My most worthless item in my BBQ drawer is a long BBQ fork. I just can't and won't bring myself to use something like that on anything that I grill or smoke. It's a sin in my house to even think about using it when I am grilling or smoking.

My most worthless item in my BBQ drawer is a long BBQ fork
I use my fork alot, It's great for moving hot coals around. It fits between the grates perfect.

This is my most useless gadget.

The rollers don't roll, the Hot dogs just sit in the same place. But it was a gift from my son so I keep it around.

Originally posted by Mac McClure:
I use my fork alot, It's great for moving hot coals around. It fits between the grates perfect.

What a great idea! Mine just sits at the bottom of the drawer. Thank you!

Back