*NEW* Maverick ET-732

Well the temp change is nice,i have burned the temp probe once.

But i got a replacement for free so its good. but the new modell sounds great.

*reminder to myself write a letter to santa*

Even though I just picked up an ET-72, I'm going to have to get the ET-732. Improved range, on/off switch on the outside...what's not to like?
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Russell McNeely:
All I want for Christmas is ..... one of those (and a thermopen.)

on the Thermapen...
Hold out for the 20% off coupon KingArthurFlour.com will put it out around christmas. Works on the thermapen and you get free shipping.

I'll post it in the BBQ section like I did last year when it becomes available.

i wonder if this model has 2 probes?

it has the dual display, so my guess is yes. Its possible that it has a a probe similar to the dual temp polders, where the tip reads one temp, and the shaft another.

No mention if they address the switch issues and whether the switch is still behind the battery door.

funny I should see this post after pretty much committing to this unit that's the same price.

Originally posted by David Verba:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Russell McNeely:
All I want for Christmas is ..... one of those (and a thermopen.)

on the Thermapen...
Hold out for the 20% off coupon KingArthurFlour.com will put it out around christmas. Works on the thermapen and you get free shipping.

I'll post it in the BBQ section like I did last year when it becomes available. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool - thanks. Maybe with 20% off, I really can get both.

Just got the et-73 and have only used once. On/Off behind battery door makes no sense, nor does the fact that you can't go town on the temp. Just up, and up, and up, and up, then reset to the low, then up, then up...

Man that's annoying.

Originally posted by Tim L.:
Just got the et-73 and have only used once. On/Off behind battery door makes no sense, nor does the fact that you can't go town on the temp. Just up, and up, and up, and up, then reset to the low, then up, then up...

Man that's annoying.

I believe the idea behind the hidden on/off switch has to do with waterproofing for outdoor use, but you are right, both features you list ARE annoying, as well as the dinky length of the furnished probe wires - they offer longer optional probes and wires, but why should you have to pay extra?

I've got a decent single measure probe, but am really getting serious about a double probe, all temp, remote thermometer. I'm drooling over this one (300 ft range!). With the dual probes and external switch and (hopefully) being able to get the signal from my shop -- nothing could be better! But then there is also the question of reliability... I'll just have to try it. Rich

jbiesinger: thermoworks owners manual says 10 hour battery life for three AAA batteries????

come on, its not like your looking at the temp all the time during an all-nighter, your supposed to be sleeping.

I wonder if that's a misprint.

Originally posted by j biesinger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">jbiesinger: thermoworks owners manual says 10 hour battery life for three AAA batteries????
come on, its not like your looking at the temp all the time during an all-nighter, your supposed to be sleeping. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So what's the point of the hi/lo alarms? You may not be 'looking' but it still has to be running.
icon_wink.gif

I wonder if that's a misprint.
Easy enough to test. Put a fresh set of batteries in, turn it on at 8am, does it make it to 8pm?

I know when I first started bbq I was crazy about temps of meat, constantly monitoring the temps of meat. However, as I've gotten better/more familiar with BBQing different meats I can know pretty well ballpark when temperatures are close and then use my thermapen. Use a cork with a hole drilled in one of the top vents and I put a single probe to monitor my wsm temp.

My question is, I know you guys have far more experience/expertise with BBQ, what do you use the dual probes for? All this temp measuring, what am I missing?

Back