pics from Barbecuing The Weber Covered Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Thought I'd post a couple of pics for non-owners of this cookbook from the 1970's.
It appears that there's still plenty of copies around, and fairly cheap.

IMGP7763.JPG

IMGP7761.JPG

IMGP7762.JPG

Great pictures, please post the picture of the pig in a 26er. I saw it, but don't own that book.

Here ya go Shaun, with a few more grab shots.

For some of the younger members, remember that these photos were shot on film.
Some trick photography might have been used in the waterfall pic, but I doubt it.
Look close and you can see wheels leveled up with small rocks,

IMGP7764.JPG

IMGP7765.JPG

IMGP7767.JPG

IMGP7769.JPG

IMGP7772.JPG

Thanks Bob! Great pictures! I bet Lampe will be the first one of us to go whole hog on his 26'r. Let's see them do that on a Big Green Egg!

Bob those pictures are really awesome, when did you have a chance to get to Jeff K's house? I never realized that Jeff had a waterfall in his yard.

All kidding aside those pictures are great. I want my yard to look like that!

Brian

That's great! Thanks for the pics. I might have to pick up a copy myself. I see on ebay there are books for 1972 and 1980. Anybody have any clue what the difference is?

Is that a green one in the second(waterfall) picture on the far right? I've never seen a green one that old other than the one they call avacado.

Absolute suerrrr thanks a lot
Knw I know that my sequoia is original with the plastic wheels. And you animated me to go for one to. I just made contact on eBay with one and gona let them send it to Austria

Does anyone think that it looks strange that all those old grills have "newer" style wheels on them? Something seems up with that photo. Just not correct looking. None of my older grills have wheels anything like those do. They all have the thinner white walls. Sequoia included.

On the wheels, I think they might be right on the cusp of when they were changed. One thing I find interesting is that the older book cover had a brown kettle and a green SJ hiding in the brush. The newer one has a red kettle and a black one in back.
icon_confused.gif

The Sequoia didnt have those wheels, nor did that old Ranch. Very strange. Can't blame photo shop if its an original photo scan though.
Ive also never seen a kettle with the steel side handle with the newer wheels. Oh well...cool pic regardless!

On the Sequoia they may have just put the newer wheels on it to make the picture more interesting if they had in fact discontinued it when the picture was taken. But you know Weber, they always sell off the old stock while they are still advertising the new. You never know what you might find in the box. Look at the HD silvers. They show a kettle with a round handle like the Gold models used to have.

On the Ranch, I don't believe they changed the design until the mid 80's.

I have a red metal handled kettle that came with the plastic white walls. It also has the ash pan that is somewhere between the old style and new where it still twists on, but for some reason still has the little hangar thingies exactly like the ones in the pictures.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
IMGP7767.JPG
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob, did you sneak in a photo of yourself?
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bob, did you sneak in a photo of yourself? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
See the snow?
That's Lampe, when he had hair
icon_biggrin.gif

the one with the wooden closed table..... someone was actually selling one of those in my area last year. only asking 50 bucks!

my vehicle was in the shop!!!!!!!!!
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Becky M-M:
the one with the wooden closed table..... someone was actually selling one of those in my area last year. only asking 50 bucks!

my vehicle was in the shop!!!!!!!!!
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> I would be livid too if I missed an Imperial Sequioa for $50! I am steamed now too Becky!
icon_mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back