Anybody ever seen one of these? (Pizza Oven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting setup,
At $100 each it won't take long for the DIYers to come up with there own version.
icon_rolleyes.gif

It's one of the nicest conversions I've seen but landing the pie on the stone can get a little tricky through that narrow opening.

on cooking areas ? i can't compete. just a small area thats crammed with junk. i keep wanting to do something but i just over think things and then do nothing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George L:
It's one of the nicest conversions I've seen but landing the pie on the stone can get a little tricky through that narrow opening. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And taking the pizza out too! Notice they cut and restarted the video right at that moment.
icon_rolleyes.gif

this seems totally useless and for cosmetic purposes only because you can easily do brick oven pizza with out that thing, just the regular lid and maybe throw some fire brick if you really want to get fancy.

I really like the idea. One issue with using only a stone is that you lose a lot of heat when you open it up to check for doneness.

I like to use lump for pizza because it is less smokey than K. Burns hotter too, but it doesn't last too long. I don't like losing heat when I open up the lid.

I would buy one, except....

$100 is way too much. it is a clever idea. I give the inventor credit. I'd buy one for 20 to 25 bucks, not a hundred. It is basically a metal ring.

Either he thinks his idea is so clever that people will shell out that much (I think he would be wrong).... Or he has a truly inefficient manufacturing process. If these things cost more than $10 to make, something is wrong with the process.

This reminds me of when VHS tapes first came out. Studios thought they were losing money if they didn't sell VHS tapes for $100 or more. The truth is that they net out a whole lot more money when they sell them for $15. Economists call that "elasticity of demand."

It appears as if the intention is to grill the pizza, not bake it, as the pic shows no stone. Grilling pizza doesn't take much, certainly not a $100 stacker.

This does not solve the single biggest problem I have with making pizza on the kettle, which is browning the top. The solution involves either getting the pizza as close to the lid as possible, or placing another stone above the pie. This stacker, if anything increases the distance between the pie and the lid. I guess if it holds high enough heat it might all work, but I'm far from sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back