Barbie's Beans beneath Baby Backs

Charles Howse

TVWBB Wizard
Been looking forward to trying the Barbie's Beans recipe, so...

Look good, eh?
DSC00126.JPG

These look better!
DSC00128.JPG

Getting up to temp, I can relax for a while. More to follow.
DSC00130.JPG

Boy O' Boy!
Bodacious Barbie's Beans beneath Baby Backs, but baby backs becoming barbecued beautifully!!

Bob

Daniel, I can fast forward for you.
The ribs will be perfect, the beans will be awesome, gonna put on some corn-on-th'-cob about a hour an' a half before they're done, it'll be excellent!
icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, what is your GMT? It's GMT -6 here. i.e. if it's noon in Greenwich, it's 6 am here.

@Gary Thanks, here's a better view.

3 hour mark...
Not everyone's interested in ribs.
DSC00133.JPG

iPod/Creedence/Born on The Bayou
DSC00136.JPG

Gone to pay homage to the ol' pitmasters of the past...taking a nap.
DSC00137.JPG

Notice the rack at the back, the meat is starting to pull away from the bone!
icon_biggrin.gif

DSC00138.JPG

OMG! These beans are gonna be soooooo good!!
DSC00139.JPG

Dang Charley, you're gonna make me drag out my WSM yet, and it probably needs cleaned first!

Lookin' Good!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Dang Charley, you're gonna make me drag out my WSM yet, and it probably needs cleaned first!

Lookin' Good!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob, if you weren't Air Force I'd be all over your a** for even saying that!!

Get that WSM front and center Airman, and I mean double-time!! An' it better be spit shined and spotless, you got that maggot!?!?!?
icon_wink.gif

4 hours..

Ribs continue to look great
DSC00140.JPG

Beans are too soupy. This pix is after removing 1.5 cups of liquid and opening all bottom vents to 100%.
DSC00141.JPG

I hope there's someone else besides me opening the store tomorrow morning. I just opened another beer.
icon_rolleyes.gif

iPod/Bob Seeger/Get Outta Denver

Sir yes Sir!

Only problem Charles, is you've got me mixed up with my Air Force son, I'm just a retiredoldfart!

And one that's getting mighty hungry from your pics!

5 hour mark...

Temps have been in the low 230's. Apparently that isin't gettin it. I've bumped up to the mid 250's since 4 hour mark.

OK, the ribs pass the tear test!! I'm gonna give 'em one more hour 'cause the beans are still real soupy, and D... (Some idiot at the door trying to sell something made me lose my train of thought.) Oh...Daughter isn't home with the kids yet.

DSC00142.JPG

DSC00143.JPG

iPod/Stevie Ray Vaughan/Willie The Wimp

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Sir yes Sir!

Only problem Charles, is you've got me mixed up with my Air Force son, I'm just a retiredoldfart!

And one that's getting mighty hungry from your pics! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God Bless ya both, Bob. Thanks a million for serving. From a former E5 Navy Radar Operator.

5 1/2 hour mark...
Cut 1 bone from the largest rack.
They're done...oh, Yeah...they're perfect!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Lemme get the beans inside and the ribs cut and I'll post the final pictures.

Alll-right...this is the final post.

DSC00144.JPG

DSC00145.JPG

DSC00146.JPG

DSC00147.JPG

DSC00148.JPG

DSC00151.JPG

DSC00152.JPG

These were, without a doubt, the most tender, most flavorful, most "Suck the Bone" ribs I have EVER, EVER cooked.
The beans were outstanding, too. They were just a little soupy. We're gonna freeze the leftovers.
I give the ribs a 10 out of 10, the beans a 9 out of 10!
DSC00154.JPG

wow! Great looking food! Not sure about your dining room, but I sure like your taste in music!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaleW:
Not sure about your dining room </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not where you spend your entire day???

Charles: its +2 GMT
I have to fell asleep had the weirdest dream about some dog and a perfect rib!

And after a F5(uppdate) I love what im watching.
Those ribs looks great and i love the uppdate rate.

Glad to se the new chairs in use.

This is a great post.

Thx for sharing

Back