White BBQ Sauce

j. pavone

TVWBB Super Fan
I have a friend that makes his own white bbq sauce. very tasty over chicken and reminds me and tastes like of my father's old recipe - olive oil,lemon juice,black pepper,garlic salt and parsley. my fathers recipe was not white but more of a italian dressing. Am i thinking of something different?

The white sauce im familiar with originated in Alabama..at least thats where I first saw it. It is basically mayo vinegar lemon juice salt pepper and little sugar..really good on chicken

Here's a link for you.
icon_smile.gif

sounds tasty. i guess i was way off with what i was thinking. i will try this over some thighs this weekend. thanks for the link bryan
icon_smile.gif

Depends, the Alabama white sauce is completely different than a Tennessee white sauce.

Anyone that has tasted both Big Bob Gibson's and Hog Heaven's knows there is a huge difference.

I prefer Hog Heaven's, but can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

Big Bob Gibson's calls for mayo and I know Hog Heaven doesn't have mayo, but it makes pulled chicken taste unreal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason Wayne:

I prefer Hog Heaven's, but can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

Big Bob Gibson's calls for mayo and I know Hog Heaven doesn't have mayo, but it makes pulled chicken taste unreal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not much help but.

Back