Your favorite recipe

Glenn J

TVWBB Fan
Hi all,

Unfortunately, I'm getting a little bored with bbq'd pulled pork/ribs/brisket/salmon and grilled steak/tritip/chicken.

I saw a similar question posted on another forum and thought I would ask y'all. What is your absolute favorite recipe using your WSM? I'd prefer that it be a relatively simple recipe, since I'm usually short on time.

Thanks,
Glenn

You already mentioned all my favorites...
icon_smile.gif

Have you tried the ABTs yet?

They're mostly an appetizer, but they're quick... and tasty!

Our favorite is the herb crusted prime rib that Chris has in the cooking section. We don't have it all that often because of the cost, but boy is it good!

Good suggestion, Tom.

I've done ABTs many times. Pulled pork, cream cheese, a little rub and turkey bacon. Unfortuantely, even though I was careful to remove all seeds and ribs (then rinse), some thought them "too spicy". It was kinda disappointing.

Thanks anyways,
Glenn

Funny you should mention the prime rib, Jeff. We did that last Christmas. One other time too. You are right, it is real good.

Glenn

Guys, help me out here. We are gonna try and then eat them. I need your favorite recipes.
Give this a little thought.

Glenn

Hi,

Have you looked at any of the great BBQ cookbooks available.They have many recipes that take advantage of low and slow cooking as well as grilling.

My two faorites are "paul Kirks Championship Barbecue" and "smoke and Spice" by Cheryl and Bill Jamison.

Al

Al,

Yes, I have both of the books you recommend. What are your favorites? I'm just tired of the usual stuff. Lookin' for what you guys really like.

Glenn

Glen ,
When I tire of the standard BBQ ribs but still have a hankern' for "pork on a bone" I make any one of the Asian inspired rib recipes from Paul Kirk's book like Luau Ribs or Chinese Style ribs or my fav is Polynesian Baby Back Ribs.

I really liked the "Deli Cured Brisket" from the Smoke and Spice book.

There are tons of recipes in the cooking sections of this forum that have been submitted by some really great cooks. These recipes have been tried many times over by many members with rave reviews. Especially the meatloaf recipes !!

Al

Howdy Glenn, A favorite at my house is tequila-lime Tri-Tip. I've probably made it a hundred times in my life time. I posted the recipe in the beef section just a couple weeks ago. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

I posted a duck recipe here before maybe you want to try that one. It is a combination of a peking duck/roasted duck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ... Unfortunately, I'm getting a little bored with bbq'd pulled pork/ribs/brisket/salmon and grilled steak/tritip/chicken ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Tough life Glenn, it sucks to be you
icon_smile.gif

Anyone else noticed their grocery bill gone through the roof since they started smoking?

Neway, I think meatloaf is an awesome and quick cook.

One word - Butterball.

If you want simple, get a Butterball turkey breast, cover it with black pepper, run that WSM at 350 with a foiled empty pan.

Shouldnt take more than 3 hours unless you have a huge breast.

Lip Smacking good.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeee

We've been enjoying turkey pastrami lately. Very tasty, couldn't be easier. You need to cure it for 24 hours ahead of time, but it only takes 3-4 hours to smoke. The recipe can be found in Barbecue Bible or How to Grill.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn J:
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll give them a try.

Glenn <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glenn:

One of my favorites from the Smoke & Spice book is the "Pit Pot Roast." It's very easy to make as there's very little preparation and the meat is "fall-off-the-bone" tender and a little spicy.

If you haven't tried it, do yourself a favor and purchase a beef roast and smoke a Pit Pot Roast.

Back