When you're in a grilling/smoking rut

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
Jamie thanks for taking the time out of what I'm sure is a busy schedule to do this Q & A. I've always enjoyed your books (own 3), my personal favorite is Art of the Grill.

To my question, recently I was in a bit of a grilling/smoking rut and was looking to do something different and ended-up doing Pernil. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind throwing out a couple of suggestions for when we're in that rut.

Thanks in advance . . .

Larry,
I hear you. By this point I think I've developed thousands of recipes and I reluctant to go back and trace previous steps/ideas, so I'm always looking for delicious new ideas. Here are some from "Weber's Way to Grill" that I hope you will like.

Steak and Gorgonzola Piadini
Chicken Involtini with Prosciutto and Basil
Vietnamese Shrimp Pops with Peanut Sauce
Paella
Polenta with Queso Fresco and Roasted Tomatillo Sauce
Artichoke Hearts with Smoked Tomato and Roasted Garlic Aioli
Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Are you getting hungry yet?

Jamie

Ah, Paella sounds like a great cook. Guess I'll have to get the book huh, shoot. Thanks, looking forward to trying a couple of these.

Paella is great on the grill! I have a paella pan that is ~18 inches. It's not perfectly flat on the bottom and I have those electric flat top stoves. Bad combination. So a few weeks ago I tried it on the Performer. Success!

Jamie did you do the Paella on a gasser or Kettle?

*to answer your question, I am getting hungry!

I've always done paella over charcoal. Traditionally, it was done over a wood fire in a huge pan, so the wood smoke can drift into the pan and flavor the rice. Recently a friend of mine showed up at my house with a paella pan about three feet in diameter, so I fired up my Weber Ranch grill, which was just big enough to hold the pan. Word got out in the neighborhood about what we were doing and we fed about thirty people that day with some mighty fine paella. So much fun!
Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back