Grilled lobster in lemon lime butter

Doug Lax

TVWBB Super Fan
Here is a tasty recipe I do on my Weber Genesis!

4 medium sized tails
1 stick butter unsalted
1tsp key lime juice ( taste better if you let them ripen to a dark yellow)
1/8 tsp lemon zest.

Directions:
cut the lobster tails longways in half.
spritz lightly with grapeseeed oil
lightly salt with sea salt
season with fresh gound WHITE pepper
grill(on high) the lobster meat side down( on an extremely well oiled grill ) for 5 minutes turn and grill on the shell side for another 5.
top with lemon lime butter and dig in.

For the butter:
I let the butter sit at room temp for an hour or two. i squeeze the lime and grate the lemon zest.
I have found that I like the taste of lime juice better than lemon and lemon zest better than lime.
I work in the lime jucuice and lemon zest with a fork and roll it in wax paper and refrigerate. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm fortunate enough to grow Key limes and Meyer lemons. Would be an nice combo for this recipe.

Funny, when it comes to shellfish I feel the same way about the juices and zests.

Kevin that is right. I like the fruiter taste of lime juice and the more fragarent flavor of lemon zest.I find lemon juice to sour and lime zest a little too bitter.

Yes. And the leaves. It's particularly effective with chicken. I've never as yet had enough for a long cook. We've always needed the pruned branches for perches. I managed to score alot of manzanita recently which makes the best perch material so I'll be able to stash the next prunings.

OK Kevin;
Now you really have my attention!
Do you use the leaves dried , shredded ect?????
How do you prepare them?????????
Does it give a similar taste as tea smoking?

Citrus wood is a medium, fruity smokewood, I really like it.

Leaves burn up too quickly. I didn't mean to imply that I smoked with them (although your tea-smoking reference gives me an idea!) but I do use them, fresh, in the process of smoking and grilling:
they go into marinades and mops, they buffer the heat and add flavor in indirect grilling when used as a bed under chicken or fish (one uses alot in this case), and, since I grill some things wrapped in banana leaves, I use them as a liner of sorts on top of the leaf to add flavor too. They are great when added to foil-wrapped whatever when cooking at a lower temp, too.

Back