Virtual WSM Cookers

Corey S

TVWBB Fan
Thought some of you might appreciate these images.

http://s993.photobucket.com/al...tual%20WSM%20images/

These are computer generated renderings of 22.5" WSM Cookers.
They are all shown with wood handles, stainless door, and dual accessory side tables.
I did one in Black, Avacado, Blue, and last but not least, a Red Head.. (Just because everyone seems to like the red heads so much)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Are those side tables available for purchase anywhere? They look great! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry James, the side tables I show in those model images are not available anywhere, they are my own design, and at this time I only have one that I made, and I use it on one of my kettles. (Thank You!, it does look good!)Someday I hope to make another one to match it, then if I could manage to make appropriate brackets to mount them to the WSM, I would then be a happy camper!

Fantastic pictures!
Now, why don't you make one with the "dark side of the moon" - cover as a motive. I'm sure that would be breathtaking.

Those side tables are awesome you should make some then patent it and see if Weber will buy it off you.......
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ahem ... did someone say Work Tables? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While the stock weber side tables are fine, they were designed to be a universal fit on both 22.5", and 18" models, to me they are a better fit on 18" inchers.
I found the stock table to be a little small for my needs on my 22" kettle, and the inside curverd radius looks odd as it is not an exact match on a 22". That is what compelled me to design something that suited my needs.
My goal was to:
(1) make a bigger table
(2) have the inside radius match the shape of a 22.5" model, and
(3) make it a little more stylish, as opposed to being just essentially square.

here are some photos comparing the two designs

http://s993.photobucket.com/al...ber%20Side%20Tables/

I do not own an 18" kettle or 18" WSM, so the mounted photos are shown on my (dirty) old kettle.

I will post some new "virtual 22.5 inch WSM" images later, and repost the photobucket link.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I like the way you think Cory. Is the table mounted using the Weber frame? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Mac, The side table I made currently sits on the same frame as the original Weber side table, in the same fashion as the Weber table.
The material I used is a full 1" thick oak, and with the larger size, it is not as stable on that frame as I would like, but otherwise works well!...

here is a link to some more images of the tables themselves, http://s993.photobucket.com/al...e%20table%20details/
and potential bracketry if I were to ever attempt to really mate them to my 22.5" WSM.
Somewhere on this site I saw some ones photo of a dual table setup, and it appeared to have similar brackets to support the side tables. This design, done right, and using longer bolts in the existing upper grill bracket holes, would support the tables very well, and best of all would not require drilling any new holes in the cooking section to mount them.

I have updated the following link with a couple of themed "Fantasy" WSMs
http://s993.photobucket.com/al...tual%20WSM%20images/

Corey, I think Shaun R. had the table set up your thinking of on a grill he was selling a while back.
George, do you still have the link to the "Tranformer" on the German BBQ site.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Corey, can I feature these photos in the main part of the website? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Chris, I would be honored if you choose to feature my images!..

Regards,

Corey

You are welcome Luis, I took it as a challenge to see if I could model a themed cooker like the USC cooker. I am a former Southern Californian, (Arizona now) I lived in Norwalk for about 8 years back in the late 70's and eighties, My first apartment was on Excelsior Dr. just east of Studebaker Rd. Those were the days !..

Awesome man. Now you have me wanting to send my smoker out for customizing.

I lived in Torrance, Long Beach, Bellflower and now Norwalk (near the square). Love So Cal bro, but may be heading up to the Central Coast by summer.

Great job on those Corey!

Here is an old post of mine with pictures. Wings on the 22 The way they bolt up is similar to your design except they are two pieces. I bolted them into the original WSM holes. They were an original Weber product as well. I think it would be a lot easier to make two matching pieces and bolt them on and add the side tables last. These were solid as a rock! So no worries on stability. I was thinking some conduit and a pipebender might work. You already have the tables figured out and they are nice!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Here are the side tables in an old thread Hot Rod. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I must have missed something in the translation. I see the "Wheel" mod, but nothing on the tables.
icon_confused.gif

Back