Where to buy inexpensive candy thermometers??

Steve CT

TVWBB Member
I am looking for (2) 7" candy thermometers and probably a 4 1/2" or 5" candy thermometer.

I figure the 7" will be good to go through the guru grommets for shelf temps and the 5" can be used for the lid.

My question is where can these be purchased at a reasonable price.

Bed, Bath, & Beyond has one for $7.99 (on their website, I assume it would be the same price in the store). And if I'm not mistaken, you can find 15% off coupons fairly easily.

Steve,
You may want to consider the old saying "you get want you pay for" before you get something too discount. Having accurate temps is essential for consistant Q. I've gotten some reasonable Taylor candy thermometers from Amazon. Just my 2 cents...

You might want to consider something a bit shorter for a lid therm. If you are cooking something fairly tall a 5" therm might get in the way. I'm using the BBQ Guru 2 1/2" therm in the lid. It's a Tel Tru. It has been accurate and with its silicone plug sits nicely in the vent hole, no clip needed. It cleans easily too.Here. I'd consider it. Again, just my .02

I have 2 of these. IMO I think they are great and accurate. Had mine for about 1 1/2 years and still works like a charm. Well worth the money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
You might want to consider something a bit shorter for a lid therm. If you are cooking something fairly tall a 5" therm might get in the way. I'm using the BBQ Guru 2 1/2" therm in the lid. It's a Tel Tru. It has been accurate and with its silicone plug sits nicely in the vent hole, no clip needed. It cleans easily too.Here. I'd consider it. Again, just my .02 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have 2 Taylor candy thermometers that seem to be quite accurate and work well. I think they were like $14.99 at Williams-Sonoma.

Try the dollar store. I picked up several for ........a dollar. They are strong, easy to read, and acurate. I have been using them with great results. After I cook I just toss them in the dishwasher. If they break.....who cares?

DSC09799Small.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/madmakr/DSC09799Small.jpg

I've got a Taylor that I picked up at Ace Hardware. One of the nice things about it ,beside being inexpensive, is that it has a clip on the stem so that the insertion length can be adjusted.

Back