red genesis

Dave Golly

TVWBB Member
picked this up the other day from ebay drove 260km round trip to pick up
looking at giving it a minor rebuild
what year would this be from?
what is recommended on restoring the timber to original ie stain colour?
thanks for looking
Dave
redgenesis.jpg

Look for the serial number and then go to the Weber site to find your schematic.
As for staining the wood, I reccomend that you try to match the best piece to an exterior stain. It looks to be in good shape.
What does the inside look like?

Dave,

This was called the Genesis 2 here in the US and I bought one in 1991. It's still going strong all these years later in my dad's backyard!

I just sanded the work surfaces on both sides and painted with a red barn colored opaque stain, similar to the original color. That did cover the wood grain but also covered up all the stains and blemishes that accumulated over the years. I did not stain the handle. I liked the result and it's holding up quite well.

Interesting little gas tank rack and strap they added to this grill for Australia. The US model didn't have that.

Regards,
Chris

thanks fellas
any idea where the serial no is?
have a genesis silver and know where they are but cant find it on this grill

yeh chris the gas bottle tank set up is great it has an arm which points to the label on the front right frame telling you if its full or empty
will post some more pics on the weekend
Dave

The US version also had the full/empty gauge, but the propane bottle hangs on a hook attached to the scale and secured with a wing nut. It doesn't have those two L-shaped brackets and strap shown in your photo.

On mine, the serial number was found on the back right corner of the frame, if I remember correctly.

Regards,
Chris

Back