New Gadget for Holding FoodSaver & Ziploc Bags Open

ewww, raw meat touched my hand

call me juvenile but there's something about the name "baggy buddy" that made me laugh every time they said it.

it does look cool though

It's basically just a third hand with one use. I just struggled with this tonight. Kinda wish I had one...
Can't I just keep a small child in the kitchen closet for such uses?

I prefer to use a can or bowl and fold over the top of the bag. Better more full circular hold than BB
icon_smile.gif

Yes, Ray, I've used your method. It works well enough with FoodSaver bags but I've occasionally split the corners of Ziploc bags at the zipper bead when folding over the top of a bag. Too bad it's a one-purpose gadget, although they actually thought ahead and provide a clip to hold it on the inside of a cabinet door.

Rita

Nice gadget.

I fold the zip lock edge inside out also. It keeps the bag open. It does split the edge sometimes. You have to be careful.

The poor girl seemed very uncoordinated without the baggie buddy. With it, she had the hand movements of a surgeon. It's a miracle

Pretty simple to make one of these with a "binder clip" style bag closer and some sort of sliding extension leg, like from a small tripod that is broken.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for one of those.

Interesting concept - I usually ask my wife to hold the bags for me but this should work fine. Thanks Rita,
Ray

The poor girl seemed very uncoordinated without the baggie buddy. With it, she had the hand movements of a surgeon. It's a miracle

That was great. I loved it when she just dumped the stuff right on the counter in the beginning.

Back