Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 491 to 498 of 498

Thread: Bacon made easy

  1. #491
    TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Near St Louis, MO
    Posts
    13,679
    Hi Dan,
    I used my 18" WSM for that smoke, but I often use my 22" kettle for bacon.
    Since you live in Florida, and it is summer, I'd go with one row.
    That should get you in the 140 to 160 degree range.
    I do suggest using Kingsford briquettes since they light well off each other.
    If the temp starts getting above 165 you can always remove some of the lit coals.
    Good luck!

  2. #492
    TVWBB Pro Dan C. FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Correll View Post
    Hi Dan,
    I used my 18" WSM for that smoke, but I often use my 22" kettle for bacon.
    Since you live in Florida, and it is summer, I'd go with one row.
    That should get you in the 140 to 160 degree range.
    I do suggest using Kingsford briquettes since they light well off each other.
    If the temp starts getting above 165 you can always remove some of the lit coals.
    Good luck!
    Thanks for the quick reply, Bob!! Now, I'm curious about something else. Is there any advantage cooking-wise to using the kettle? I was planning on doing it on my WSM 18 to season it up. But, I also have a 22" kettle. Any advantage to the kettle? Do you run the probes through the top vent?
    22" Weber Kettle; 18" Weber Kettle; Big Brother: 18" Weber Smokey Mountain ; and Brand New Baby Brother 14" Weber Smokey Mountain

  3. #493
    TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Near St Louis, MO
    Posts
    13,679
    Dan,
    Using a kettle is just easier for me to control everything, either one will do a fine job.
    If I use my Maverick, on a kettle, the probe wires go gently under the lid's rim.

  4. #494
    TVWBB Pro Dan C. FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    703
    Dumb question: The cook is all done. I just need to slice it. Unfortunately, all my knives aren't the greatest. Has anyone tried slicing it with an electric carving knife? That might be my best option.
    22" Weber Kettle; 18" Weber Kettle; Big Brother: 18" Weber Smokey Mountain ; and Brand New Baby Brother 14" Weber Smokey Mountain

  5. #495
    TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Near St Louis, MO
    Posts
    13,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan C. FL View Post
    Dumb question: The cook is all done. I just need to slice it. Unfortunately, all my knives aren't the greatest. Has anyone tried slicing it with an electric carving knife? That might be my best option.
    I think some folks use them.
    Damn Dan, whack off a few pieces with your Swiss Army knife, and get to eating!
    Please report your opinion too.
    Last edited by Bob Correll; 07-09-2017 at 06:56 PM. Reason: typo

  6. #496
    TVWBB Pro Dan C. FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Correll View Post
    I think folks some use them.
    Damn Dan, whack off a few pieces with your Swiss Army knife, and get to eating!
    Please report your opinion too.
    I found a 14" carving knife I didn't know I had. The first pound is gone. Full report in the phot gallery tomorrow. Spoiler: Sooo good!!!
    22" Weber Kettle; 18" Weber Kettle; Big Brother: 18" Weber Smokey Mountain ; and Brand New Baby Brother 14" Weber Smokey Mountain

  7. #497
    TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Prescott Valley, Arizona
    Posts
    11,546
    Just want to say thank you to Bob Correll for turning me on to LEM Products for getting my Morton Tender Quick. I have been buying it from Amazon at almost $15.00 for two pounds and the fact I don't have a prime membership with Amazon another $6.00 for shipping for just over $20.00 delivered. Through LEM it was $5.95 for two pounds and $5.95 for shipping for a total of $11.94 quite a savings over Amazon.
    The transaction with LEM Products was quick and easy and delivered in 5 days.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

  8. #498
    TVWBB Pro Matthew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Dahl View Post
    Just want to say thank you to Bob Correll for turning me on to LEM Products for getting my Morton Tender Quick. I have been buying it from Amazon at almost $15.00 for two pounds and the fact I don't have a prime membership with Amazon another $6.00 for shipping for just over $20.00 delivered. Through LEM it was $5.95 for two pounds and $5.95 for shipping for a total of $11.94 quite a savings over Amazon.
    The transaction with LEM Products was quick and easy and delivered in 5 days.
    I got mine at Walmart....

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Similar Threads

  1. BACON made easy
    By russ olin in forum Photo Gallery
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 12:48 AM
  2. Bacon made easy - thanks Bob Correll
    By Mildo in forum Photo Gallery
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 09:44 AM
  3. Wednesday Dinner Made Easy....
    By Tony R in forum Photo Gallery
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-20-2013, 01:11 PM
  4. Buckboard Bacon..So easy..So good..Pics Inside!!!
    By Nick Burns in forum Barbecuing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 02:19 PM
  5. Good Greens Made Easy
    By in forum Side Dish Recipes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •