Sauces for The Renown Mr. Brown Pork Butt

G

I am doing a Mr. Brown shoulder today and I would like some suggestions on a sauce for it. Nothing too sweet please.

Thanks

Sean,

Try 3 parts apple cider vinegar, one part ketchup, 1/2 part brown sugar and 1/4 part of your favorite hot sauce (more or less depending on taste). Simmer all of this on the stove for 10 minutes or so. Mix about half in with the pulled pork and keep the other half on the side.

Good luck.

Tim

Here is one that I made with my first Butt. It is a modification of Weber's Tangy BBQ sauce and my wife and friends have loved it. If you try it and like it, great. If you try it and hate, no problem. If you don't try it, no problem either.

Start 2TB of unsalted butter over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan. Add 3TB of chopped onions and 1/2 TS of celery seed. Stir occassionally and after two minutes add 1 cup of ketchup, 1/2 cup of bourbon, 2TB each of lemon juice, granulated sugar, Cider Vinegar, and Worcestershire. 1TB of dry mustard, 1/4 TS each of garlic powder, cayenne, and chipotle chile powder. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.

Use a mesh cover if possible to reduce spatters. It will be pretty good straight out of the pan, but it is better after it has had time to cool in the fridge.

Back