Thread: 100% Hardwood Charcoal Briquets

Gary,
    I am NOT one to deviate from a plan but I find this question relevant. I have ordered your book and when it arrives I will "follow it to a T". But I have several bags of the new Comp Kingsford that is 100% hardwood without the fillers and other garbage found in their standard briquette. In your opinion would this be an acceptable substitute for lump?
    Lang 60 Deluxe, Jumbo Big Drum Smoker, Genesis EP-320, 22" Kettle w/Cajun Bandit Conversion, 22" Platinum, Graphite PK Grill, Q 1200, Smokey Joe, Go-Anywhere (Charcoal)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Whiting:
    I will "follow it to a T". But I have several bags of the new Comp Kingsford that is 100% hardwood without the fillers and other garbage found in their standard briquette. In your opinion would this be an acceptable substitute for lump? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve,

In my pre-book 5-Step days, I had a strict policy about not answering questions if the question contained the word "but"as in I will follow the 5 Lessons to a T, but.....

These days, the kinder, gentler Gary's answer, in reference to Kingsford competition briquettes, is: I have not used this product, therefore I have not formed an opinion.

Enjoy,
    Gary