Cleaning up a drowned Silver Genesis B.

Will R.

TVWBB Fan
I have a SG B that went under 6 feet of water, mud, etc. I finally took it to the car wash and pressure washed it. Should I replace any parts or just hook up a tank and let it burn away any nasty stuff that might be hidden in the burners?

The SS burners are probably ok. I would do the usual burner clean-up as recommended by Weber - run a coat hanger through the lenth of each burner and brush, vertically, the holes in each burner. Otherwise it should be safe and you can then see if parts need to be replaced.

Maybe a call to weber wouldn't be a bad idea. If it starts and runs, you'll probably be in the next edition of Weber Nation.
icon_smile.gif

Paul

I think Paul's advice is right. It's not difficult to take the entire burner assembly apart and you can take a paper clip and poke in each burner hole after you do the major cleanup.

If you take before & after photos, as Paul said, chances seem good that Weber would be interested.

How did the gasser get under 6 feet of water & mud? The last hurricane?

Richard

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard Batey:

How did the gasser get under 6 feet of water & mud? The last hurricane?

Richard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, Katrina got it. The sick part about it is that my wife bought it for me about 2 weeks prior as a house warming gift...we had just moved in.

How did your house fare through the storm? I'm guessing with 6 feet of water that you had some flooding inside, too?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed Jones:
How did your house fare through the storm? I'm guessing with 6 feet of water that you had some flooding inside, too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Six feet of water went through the house--we're "on the list" for repairs but this contractor is very good and local (he lives near my parents) so I don't mind the wait. I actually had the grill inside my kitchen because I didn't want anything to hapen to it...oh well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed Jones:
Now THAT'S dedication! :)

Sorry to hear about the house, though. Best wishes to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. Until I get our house back together, I'll just keep on Qing.

Just for sh!ts and giggles I decided to look back far into the history of the forum. This is from the earliest available page for gassers. I wonder if Will's grill is still working?

LOL, someone is bored today! :D

Well, I guess I can't say I am bored, just SICK OF TAXES!!!

Now I have another day to deal with - mixed blessing and curse:eek::mad:

Hopefully will make it through and have some kind of life again:rolleyes:..

Back