TVWBB Super Fan
4 japalenos
12 Fresadilla or tomatillo
1 garlic
1/4 cup water
1 tb spoon oil
coriander
salt

Boil the tomatoes and peppers for 20-30 minutes.

Throw in blender, food processr, or grinder with garlic, water, oil. add corriander and salt to taste.

I compared it to some store bought Salsa verde and it turnned out great.

Had some on my eggs this morning

I make this regularly. Instead of jalapenos, I use serrano peppers and toast them over our stove (I do not add it to the water). When blending, I add onion and a dash of chicken bouillon. I omit the oil. After everything is blended up, I add chunks of avocados. Damn delicious. I also like to add a bit more of a kick by adding white pepper.

Erik

It is kicking I am hooked put on some fried chicken then I put it on some eggs. I am making tostadas tonight bet it is goood on steak. I had japalenos that we grew and no serrano at the store so I used the japalenos they are a little on the hot side I grow datil and habaneros also. I could only find the tomatillos what else is good to try.

How about peppers would poblano work

yeh, the salsa is good on any protein. I have tried with cheese, eggs, tri tip, and chicken and it's all good.

Since datil peppers are not as spicey as habaneros and offer a fruitiness to the salsa, I would definitely give those a try. Toast them in the beginning to add a smokiness to the salsa.

Instead of using poblano peppers, you can add a pinch of ancho pepper (dried poblano) with the toasted datil peppers.

Erik

Back