Original 1961 Smokey Joe

Shaun R

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I bought this from a guy named Richard that Jeff K found on craigs and he was kind enough to send it to me. I have always wanted a single handled SJ. Thanks Jeff and Richard!
icon_smile.gif

Looks better than how you described it to me Shaun.
Do you think the handle and legs are originally black on there? On my Galley Que, the legs and handle on top are chrome.

Thanks! It's just like the one in the 2012 catalog timeline. It's not nearly as fascinating as the Galley-Q. The GQ was made to handle the salt air and this ones really basic.

very nice shaun!
if you got it for the 8 bucks or whatever it went for, great deal AND steal!

Very very nice find Shaun! It's getting harder and harder to find 50 year old Weber charcoal grills. That Original Smokey is rare for sure!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Zimmerman:
That is an awesome score. You would think down here in Florida with all the seasoned citizens there would be a vintage Weber for sale.
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks Brian Z., I'm not sure about vintage webers, but I would bet you can find a lot of vintage pocket knives.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back