Grilled catfish fillets

Paul G.

TVWBB Emerald Member
Maybe it's just a Deep South thing, but we really enjoy grilling catfish fillets. Surprisingly, I think it's actually pretty healthy.

I buy the fillets from WD and usually let them swim in WB Italian dressing in ziplock bags for a few hours (2 or 3). I then use a lemon and herb seasoning made from Tones and sprinkle generously. Add a little kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and sprinkle lightly with cajun seasoning. Spray with olive oil and pat down.

I use a seafood tray and get my Genesis Silver B to around 400 or 450. Let the tray heat up and wipe it down with oil immediately before putting fillets on. Cook about 15 min on one side and flip for about 5 on the other. Usually have doctored up Bush's Bold and spicey beans and Cole Slaw as sides.

Put some "South in your mouth" and give it a try.

Paul

2004! What an old post. But there were not many catfish grilling threads to come by.

We did the same thing last night, grilled catfish fillets on the gasser on a grill pan. I brined them for a bit first, then seasoned with Cavender's Greek Seasoning, and they came out great.

I usually rub them with mustard, shake them up with zatarain's fish fry and deep fry them. This sounds delicious. I'm going to try grilling them next time!!

diggin' deep Chris, I've tried this method, and Paul's recipe for success is outstanding!
I'm gonna do this again and post my results this time.

Try topping with chopped pecans toasted in a cast iron skillet. Been doing this for years and it's now in Jamie Purvience's new book, Weber's Smoke.

So guess what I grilled for supper? Only this time, I put a chunk of pecan wood on the coals. Oh yeah.

Another tip is to use a spray oil instead of dipping the fillets in oil. You want to use as little oil as you can get away with.

Co-Worker just gave me a bag of fresh Bullheads, I'm going to try this tonight on the performer. I'll get them in the dressing as soon as I get home. I'm going to chop up some pecans throw them in panko. dip the filets in that and grill em.

So guess what I grilled for supper? Only this time, I put a chunk of pecan wood on the coals. Oh yeah.

Another tip is to use a spray oil instead of dipping the fillets in oil. You want to use as little oil as you can get away with.

Amen to that! I like to use an olive oil spray on whatever I cook as it gives a nice "cooked patina" Al, let us know how them Bullheads turn out!

Recently, cooked eight catfish filets with Old Bay on my kettle using the ribalator, and a half loaded smokenator, pecan wood, bout 1hr, came out very tasty and smokey

Back