Weber Q 140 Electric Grill

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I got my hands on a copy of the 2009 Weber product catalog (thanks Don C!) and noticed that Weber is bringing the electric Weber Q to the U.S.

It appears to be the Weber Q 100 (no folding work tables) retrofitted with a 1560 watt electric element, aluminum heat retention liner, and a stainless steel grate instead of the usual porcelain enameled cast iron grate.

It's been available in Europe for a while:

http://www.essentialbbq.co.uk/product.php?productID=34800

Regards,
Chris

interesting. i saw one on a german site earlier. guess they feel the q is the big future for them. i love my q220 but not really seeing it for the masses as it stands now.

The Weber Q series has proven very popular in Australia, I don't remember how many I sold last year but I know it was quite a lot and I was only doing it 5 hours a week. I expect to sell a lot more this year. They are running TV ads for the Q series starting next week.
There are currently no plans to bring the Electric Q to Australia.

By the way Chris thanks for adding a Q discussion group. I guess that I will probably spend a lot of time in this area offering assistance.

Regards

Why should Weber push a $30 Smokey Joe, or a $40 Go Anywhere Grill when then can sell comparably sized Weber Qs at prices ranging from $100-$300?

Bill

I guess it's horses for courses Bill, there are some who want the charcoal cooking when they go camping rather than taking a Weber Q, especially those who might do light camping, a go anywhere or Smokey Joe are quite light.
I must say, although I own a Q120 (that's the Q100 with the work table flaps) that they are not exactly light in weight so if one is micro camping or needs to move around a bit whilst hunting,then the lighter alternatives would have merit.
The Q100 up to the 220 would be great if they put it in the back of their vehicle and headed away to the beach or a country cabin for the weekend.

Cheers

Davo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Davo:
I guess it's horses for courses Bill, there are some who want the charcoal cooking when they go camping rather than taking a Weber Q, especially those who might do light camping, a go anywhere or Smokey Joe are quite light.
I must say, although I own a Q120 (that's the Q100 with the work table flaps) that they are not exactly light in weight so if one is micro camping or needs to move around a bit whilst hunting,then the lighter alternatives would have merit.
The Q100 up to the 220 would be great if they put it in the back of their vehicle and headed away to the beach or a country cabin for the weekend.

Cheers

Davo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that some people might like the lighter weight grills. I guess the point I was making is that maybe there isn't as much profit in the cheap grills as there are in the newer Q series so Weber is pushing those.

Bill

around here the only q's that are seen are 100's carrying a high price. ya only see the others if its a real weber dealer. nothing at lowes an hd. so it seems to me that you would have to be an informed consumer to go looking for them. look at all the cheaper priced small gassers and ya see the issue.

THe 1400 is the new version. There is now a 1400 and a 2400. The 2400 is same size as 2200 just electric. I have an older 140 and it does work quite well BTW

Only difference between them is the cooking grate. The 140 has heavy stainless steel and the 1400 cast iron. For what I paid for that little 140 it does just fine and gives me no reason to want different

Back