Taking the plunge.....

Steven A

TVWBB Super Fan
I think that I'm about to take the plunge and buy a ATCS. The problem is, I don't know which one to go with. I looked at the Ique 110, the DigiQ, and the Stoker. All seem like really good units. Has anyone tried different models that can give me a good, objective comparison? Also, I'm not sure what fan size I need. I have a WSM 18", but might upgrade to a 22" at some point. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have the Auber ATC and I love it. Also, it is only $122 at www.auberins.com (not sure about shipping costs). My only regret is that I got the smaller fan, and I have a 22" WSM so maybe it would have been better to have gotten the bigger fan.

I did invest in the Maverick remote thermo so I can monitor grill/food temp from inside (or in bed). That was an extra $70.

The Auber isn't fancy, but it has done the job for me on over a dozen smokes.

James

Steven-

What I like about the digiQ is it is completely compatible with the 18 or 22 WSMs. Go to the guru website and check out the "build a BBQ system" tab. You'll probably want to get another WSM adaptor so you don't have to take it off when you switch between your WSMs.

Mike

Back