Dry or Wet Water Pan

Slap Yo Daddy BBQ Classes

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
Hey Harry, thanks for taking the time to hangout with us and answer some questions.

On the BBQ Pit Masters program it's difficult to tell if you're using anything in your water pan. I and I'm sure many are interested in your thoughts here.

Also, do you plan on opening a BBQ restaurant? Our corporate offices are near Diamond Bar and it would be great to drop in and taste some of your cooking
icon_biggrin.gif

Lastly, do you plan on competing at Red Hot & Real Barbecue Championship Cookoff in Clovis, CA this year?

Thanks again for joining us and I'm hoping the program comes back next year, loved it!

Hey Larry:
I don't use water in my pan. I just foil top and bottom. Primary reason being that I'm lazy and don't like to clean up the water, grease, and goop after a cook. I could launch into a long dissertation about smoke, moisture, heat, and nitric acid but I'll spare you that. Seriously, I toss the foil and I'm ready to cook again!

Oh, if you want catering, please go to my catering webpage and I have several buddies who can help you. I'm too busy competing this year as I'd like to make the Jack draw. We won 3 GCs last year but unfortunately did not make the draw for California. My goal is to get to the Jack before I kick the bucket!
I plan on doing Clovis if my schedule permits. If Season 2 happens and we're invited to be in it, I'll may not be in Calif the Clovis weekend.

Harry,
I currently use water in my pan but could do without the cleanup of the grease water, but i haven't tried cooking without water yet . Is it critical to foil food for a portion of the cook time if your not going to use water in the pan. I like the moisture that the water provides but could do without the cleanup. In the past i've never foiled anything for a portion of the cook time.

thanks for your help

I suggest you try cooking without water and you'll be hooked with the superior bark and easier cleanup! Remember one of my key BBQ wisdoms "Foiling is GOOD!"

Back