Used Weber

Michael T (NY)

I found a nice used Weber S330 LP that is only supposed to be 1 year old. Unfortunately I can't afford a new Genesis, so I was thinking I might try getting my first Weber this way. In the CL description it says the thermometer does not work, (could that be a warrenty item?). Other than lighting and dings and dents, any ideas what I may look for? or other common problems I may want to look for? Thanks

Michael,
Its possible that the thermo is a warranty item.
I wouldn't consider that a deal breaker.
Take the grills and flavorizer bars out. Check the burner tubes for any obvious damage.
Fire it up and check for an even flame.
Flavorizers and grates amy be worn and need replacing. Those can get pricey.
Make sure no warping on the firebox. Does the lid close properly?. Etc.
If no obvious problesm, ti shouild be fine.
Don;t know if rust is a problem in your area, but ask how it was stored. Inside or outside?
Does it have a cover?
Not sure of age, look for the serial # and use the age chart to determine.
If the owner has the manual, it will be in there.
Good luck!
AJ

Micheal, I have a 2007 model and I have no issues all parts are original the thermo is like AJ said is not a deal breaker cost is very low if you had to pay for it This being a S model everything is Stainless so flavor bars, and grates should not be a rust issue go to Weber.com and you can down load a manual and it will state all the warranties they are huge.

By the way Welcome to the board.

Welcome Michael

If the grill is only a year old there shouldn't be any major problems. Give it a good visual inspection and see if they will fire it up for you and you should be good to go. The 330 is a great grill.

Thanks for all of the advice, unfortunately it was already sole. Since I can't afford a new webber, I will probably be back on thsi board in 4 years when the new purchase dies. Thank you for the great advice

Back