Tailgate Fatties!

Jeff Coil

TVWBB Member
Well finally got around to making some fatties. I decided to take the smoker down to the tailgate and treat the gang to some fatties and ABT’s. No one had heard of either other than my buddies wife who said she had seen the fatties on TV sometime.
I rolled out all the meat prior and put into the fridge for a few hours.
IMG_1099.jpg

3 reg Jimmy Dean 1 Sage and 1 Hamburger
First up the Pizza
IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

And the first time rolling it up! Really pretty easy
IMG_1102.jpg

Then the Chili Dog
IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

Bacon Cheese Burger…with hamburger
IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

The Ruben
IMG_1105.jpg

And the Breakfast
IMG_1109.jpg

I tossed these into the fridge and started on the bacon weave.
IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1112-1.jpg

And finally all wrapped an ready for the game!
IMG_1113.jpg

Did up some quick ABT’s
IMG_1108.jpg

Wrapped in bacon and tossed in the fridge.

Off to the tailgate! Had the WSM set up and ready to go in about 40 minutes
IMG_1117.jpg

Tossed the goodies on!
IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

And let her go for about 3 hours
IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

Here are couple done ones and unfortunately I didn’t get around to taking any more pics as we started to devour! But the crowd loved them all. The Pizza was the slight favorite with the Rueben up there as well.

As a Badgers fan, after all that work and good eats, I (almost) feel for ya'.

That was some OUT-STAND-ING looking grub - I can almost taste it on my monitor.

But, look at it this way:
-Good time with friends
-Happy tummy
-GREAT game (even if your team lost)

Hard to beat a weekend like that!

Most impressive!

Best fatty post I've seen in a long, long time. Mabye the best ever!

Oh man everything looks great!

Only problem is i dont know witch one i would start with.

Well done

Hey Jeff that looks great. Are you on Melrose or one of the side streets? I had to watch from Lake of the Ozarks but dreamed of Melrose and Kinnick. Go Hawks!!

Yep we are on Melrose and Sunset. Have been at this spot for a few years now. Hope you can make back for a game in the future!

Usually make it to 3-4 games but had to remodel the wifes new retirement plan. I told her if the game wasnt on in Mo we were selling the place. Easy to get a table for dinner that night as all the Mizzou fans were home watching their big game

These were a big hit Willie. Todd Next time you are at the game and in the hood stop on by for a cold one
Go Hawks!

I've searched and searched and searched some more. Are there any more detailed directions on how to make these?

How to roll them out, I see the meat in what looks like gallon zip lock bags. Do you put the meat in them to roll them and get a uniform size and squareness? (is that a word?)

Then I assume to get them out of the bag you just cut it?

Then rolling it into the finished fattie? Are you using waxed paper kinda one of those sushi rolling things? Then just rounding off the ends?

How many pounds of bacon goes into making a weave and how do you hold it on the fattie?

I want to make some of these this weekend, they look like fun food for the kids. And the adults too.

Well you have come to the right place
icon_smile.gif
There is a good Fatty Sticky located Here

This site has a bunch of ideas for fatties as well. Last Fall they had a Fatty Throw down too!

I have made them a few more times since and put a tad more fillings in than my pics show!

Hope this helps
Jeff

Oh yes on thing the sticky doesn't mention that I have found works well is to put the rolled out sausage into the fridge for a awhile to get good and cold so it holds up a bit better while rolling!
Cheers

I must add my thanks also. I've seen many fatty options, but you've showed me some new ones Jeff. Now to actually DO one. I think the breakfast option will get me the most points at home -- or the pizza -- or maybe...

Rich

Back