Ducane grills

Nick Smith

Has anyone tried any of the Ducane grills? They are made with weber parts. Just wondered if they cook about as well as a weber?

I believe that Ducane was acquired by Weber a few years ago - so, they are different members of the same family.

I would put most Ducanes in about the same leage as Weber's newer "Spirit" series. I would consider them a few notches below the Genesis / Summit Series.

Their design is different from Weber, but still pretty high quality.

My Dad has one with a Natural Gas hookup. I like the design of it, but I'm not sure if he runs the proper regulator or not - because I think that his never seems to get hot enough. He loves it and says it's perfect, but I think that he's too stubborn to get it looked-at...

If you're looking at a Ducane because of lower cost, I would suggest looking around for a used Weber. I prefer my basic old Weber Spririt (Like a stripped-down, modern Genesis) to my dad's by a considerable margin.

I sold an almost brand new Ducane so I could by a very used weber , I was not at all happy with the Ducane , Weber is a far better grill hands down < Ducane is made in China !

weber015.jpg

weber011.jpg

Originally posted by Jeff Brown (KY):
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard_: .....Ducane is made in China !
So is the Weber Spirit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats why an older weber is the way to go , you can find them on cl for less than $100.00

Back