Chicken Livers

Dean, I have fried, grilled and smoked them and I prefer them smoked. Just sprinkle a small amount of rub (go light on the rub since they have a lot of service area) on them and set them on the smoker. Can’t give you an exact time since I usually put them on as a snack for long cooks. Maybe 30-35 minutes min and 1-1.5 hours max. You will love them.

I got stuck in a groove, Steve, always frying chicken livers with olive oil and lemon juice, or occassionally making pate. Once loved them. Just butchered over 100 Rock-Cornish broilers, and the prospect of frying livers again forced the realization of how unappetizing they'd become--we still have the bulk of last year's in the freezer. Will do as you suggest on next bbq. Good to know it works. Sounds like something a fella could look forward to.

Doing baby-backs today, the bottom rack filled with chicken livers, as you suggested, Steve, with a sprinkle of rub. Checked them after 1.5 hrs and they were done. A little overdone, actually. Coulda come off in an hour. First one was good, but I knew what it needed--a healthy splash of apple cider vinegar. Then they were excellent.

Dean,

I’m glad you liked them. Sorry I could not remember the exact time on the livers. But next time you will have it down and I will have your post to look back on so we will both be set. Thanks for letting me know how they turned out.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Torges:
[qb] Any suggestions for chicken livers, grill or bbq? [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hay Dean, How about Rumaki style. Marinade in soy, sugar,ginger garlic and onion. Wrap with bacon with a slice of water chestnut. Wow I gotta try that myself. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

P.S.

Put these on the WSM and cook as you would turds. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Back