The Greatest BBQ Sayings - let's have some fun :)

Ben Milano

TVWBB Member
In watching BBQ programs, listening to BBQ pros being interviewed and reading posts on this board - there is one thing we all have in common: GREAT BBQ sayings.

I'd like to start a list of "The Greatest BBQ Sayings" and hopefully put all of them in a book one day and make a killing! Hey, I'm an entreprenuer!

I'll kick it off with one I heard on The Food Network a few weeks back.

1. BBQ is so good, it'll make you want to return something you didn't steal

Let the list begin!

I heard this somewhere, maybe here.

"BBQ so good it would make a vegetarian eat meat again."

Or my favorite..

"BBQ naked and show off your buns."

The one that makes me laugh every time I see it is a signature for someone here on the forums. It doesn't actually mention BBQ so it may not qualify.

Vegetarian- indian phrase meaning bad hunter.

My favorite line is in my signature...stolen fair and square from Saskatoon Restaurant, which features wild game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loren:
From "Legends of Texas BBQ", "You don't need no teeth to eat my beef."

Loren </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reminds me of an incident in college where a local BBQ restaraunt had that same quote as part of their full page ad. I ripped it out and placed it on the door of a rather effeminate suitemate masquerading as a complete *******. Needless to say we all enjoyed his expression as he came home from class that day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben Milano:
1. BBQ is so good, it'll make you want to return something you didn't steal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my goodness! I have been raving about that saying since I heard it last week! Very funny and a classic I think!
icon_smile.gif

There was a BBQ show on several weeks ago highlighting various restaurants around the US. One had this slogan:

2. People just love to smell our butts!

Another one in Kansas had this slogan:

3. You can smell our butts all over Kansas!

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Tony

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shawn244:
I saw this one recently.

Where is the best BBQ? Wherever the heck I am. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just saw that one on the Food network lol. I thought that was pretty good. Should have a t-shirt made up with that on it.
Some of these sayings are great. Keep posting them lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Ferguson:
A pigs serves no purpose other than to be delicious... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha, yesterday I took my niece to a petting zoo. It was pretty lame. They only had a pig and a few goats. Anyway, this lady was in the pen with the pig, and I noticed it was rather fat. I said something like, "hey, gonna have some great spareribs off that baby!" or something like that. She politely informed me that it was her pet pig and that, among other things, it slept on the couch and enjoyed watching movies
icon_rolleyes.gif

Just heard this on Food Network during the MIM show.

This shoulder is so good it'll make your tongue come right out of your mouth and hit you in the back of the head.

From the back of a t-shirt from Memphis Minnie's bbq restaurant in San Francisco:

"Happiness is a pile of wood and a pig."

Regards,
Chris

My brother in law's quote after he looks at his overflowed plate of ribs, pork, sausage, potato salad and plenty of sauce: "They call this the 'Widowmaker'" I still laugh at that one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">She politely informed me that it was her pet pig and that, among other things, it slept on the couch and enjoyed watching movies </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't imagine a pig in the house! And one that watches TV too? There are some different folks out there!

Back