Mojo question

Steve Abrams

TVWBB Pro
I tried Kevin's Mojo Sauce recipe for pork. I, along with everyone else, loved the taste. However I did add a touch of cayenne pepper to the sauce for dipping.

I was wondering could it be used as an injection marinade also? I can't see why not but I just need some opinions.

Inject the heck out the pork butt and put it into a marinade bath for 12 hours or longer, then into the smoker

I often add a paste of ripe jals or one of reconstituted aji amarillos. I like some heat too!

You can use it as an injection. I have not injected a butt with it (well, not just a butt) but have injected a whole pig when it didn't arrive on time and there was little time for the usual marinating phase. Worked well but lots of straining to get out the solids so the needle wouldn't clog!

Orange can be overwhelming for some if the marinating phase is too lengthy. Try a shorter bath period at first.

Thanks Kevin.

I think my relatives liked the sauce better. I made up some fresh sauce for dipping and drizzeling but it went like crazy. My neice made me write down the recipe so she could try it. She thought using a mortar & pastle was a bit hard. I think she will grind the toasted peppers and cumin.

Last weekend I injected a 10# pork shoulder with a bottled Mojo lots of straining but I rubbed the spices into some slits cut into it, turned out OK. Injected a 3# pork loin roast and marinated in the Foodsaver for a few days but overcooked it,became Chile Verde the next day.

Back