Search results


 
  1. Ryan P.K.

    Beef rump roast

    The local market had rump roast on sale. Besides the traditional crockpot meals. Does anyone have recommendations on using up these rump roast.
  2. Ryan P.K.

    Tips for crispy chicken skin?

    Baking powder 1 chicken 1 tablespoon salt 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  3. Ryan P.K.

    Cooking for alot of People

    IMO-I would smoke in this order, pork butt, brisket, and then ribs. To reheat pork is easy to do. What I do, is reserve the juice from the pork. This is the only time I wrap my butts. Put the juices in the fridge, and skim off the fat from the juice. When reheating the pork, pour the juice...
  4. Ryan P.K.

    Second time making brisket questions

    I have 22 WSM that I have been using for about 5 years now. The 2 things that I figured out, for me at least. When smoking at 225, just assume it will take 16+ hours to smoke a brisket or a Boston butt. Also, the 22 has a hard time getting above 310 for high heat cooking. This is just my...
  5. Ryan P.K.

    Hello from Minnesota

    Welcome to the board neighbor!
  6. Ryan P.K.

    #12 Standing Rib Roast

    So I have been task, by my family, to do a #12 Standing Rib Roast (bone in) for Christmas. This what I am thinking! 2 bags of Royal Oak lump unlit and 1/2 to 3/4 chimney of lit KB. I am probably going with pecan wood. The plans is to smoke the rib roast @250 for 6-8 hours. I am going to...
  7. Ryan P.K.

    Try NOT to cry over spilt brine....(sniff sniff...)

    I use a 5 gallon igloo cooler. The cooler is only used for brining large amounts of meat or poultry.
  8. Ryan P.K.

    Bone in turkey breast

    Around here in MN, I have been having good luck with ALDI. They carry Honeysuckle for a brand.
  9. Ryan P.K.

    Did I missed something here

    Did I missed Grillfest 4? I have not been on the board consistently lately, but did it get cancelled?
  10. Ryan P.K.

    Anyone remove the water pan and use direct heat?

    Chicken and Thanksgiving turkey
  11. Ryan P.K.

    First Attempt at Bacon

    Looks good!!! BTW, you'll never buy store bought bacon again.
  12. Ryan P.K.

    Rotisserie Triple Play BBQ Chicken

    Looking absolutely beautiful
  13. Ryan P.K.

    Treated Butcher Paper

    Thanks guys!!
  14. Ryan P.K.

    Treated Butcher Paper

    Can you use treated butcher paper to smoke?
  15. Ryan P.K.

    Vegetarian stuffed poblanos

    Count me in for a plate
  16. Ryan P.K.

    Saturday churrasco

    A fabulous looking meal you have there
  17. Ryan P.K.

    Vortex Sirloins.

    Absolutely beautiful!!!
  18. Ryan P.K.

    How many bbq with a kettle vs the wsm?

    I would say 90% of my smoking is done on the WSM, and the other 10% on the kettle.
  19. Ryan P.K.

    Adobo Turkey Breast Dinner

    Looking darn good!! I am sure that it tasted fantastic as well.
  20. Ryan P.K.

    Ballistic Griddled Pattymelt

    I am so drooling right now!! I love Ballistic BBQ YouTube. Nice job John

 

Top