Youngin' from Fort Worth, TX

Hey there,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the board.

I'm a fairly recent TCU grad in my mid-twenties, married, and living in Fort Worth, TX working in Finance.

My wife and I recently bought our first home, which allowed me to finally get my first smoker. I did a ton of research, but finally ended up going with the 22.5 inch WSM due to cost, ease of use, and the endless good reviews. Did my first brisket on it a few weekends ago, and look forward to many more to come!

Welcome aboard, Taylor! Congrats on the new house and the smoker! I saw the brisket post, but didn't offer any feedback because I've only done one (a flat) and I learned that I have a lot to learn. But, while you're learning, make sure to do some other things too. Pork butt is awesome homemade and it's really easy to do...way more forgiving than brisket. Also, I can't implore you enough...go find the bacon threads. It's really easy to make your own bacon and you'll never want store bought again.

Welcome aboard Taylor. There's a bunch of good folks here willing to help and learn. Join in and enjoy the ride.

Back