24 hour fix and flip project: Q320

JKim in MA

TVWBB Pro
This grill popped up for sale just 15 minutes from my house, and I was able to pick it up the following morning. As I had some free time to spare, I decided to clean it up a bit (not a full-scale rehab) for resale.

The good:

1) The grates were in very good shape, just needed a thorough cleaning
2) Even the electric starter worked
3) Cheap

The bad:

1) the firebox was pretty dirty
2) the burners were plugged up and the grill would top out at 400 degrees.

I only have the after pics:

44066911312_4b965a1127_b.jpg

29178171407_50d7026a9c_b.jpg

44066911442_503626e137_b.jpg

29178171517_5c8844cde6_b.jpg

44066911572_c7148d6a86_b.jpg

43208969325_c407599b8c_b.jpg

29177807127_1bfbde9b77_b.jpg

The eventual buyer contacted me within 90 minutes of the ad being posted and sold for the full asking price, netting me a triple-digit profit. This was a nice grill!

JKim,
Great home run! Not as easy to do with a Q where the top end is somewhat limited. The buyer made out fine with a very nice grill that will give years of service with just some reasonable care.

Sounds like you got a great deal and the new owner got a great deal. Nice job.

I'm really not much of a Q fan but that as you said it is a nice grill. You did a nice job and a nice profit, well done.

A razor blade and then some steel wool.

In the past, I have used my angle grinder and wire cup brush on a different Q grill that I rehabbed.

The wire cup brush yields better results if the grease is baked on, but I went with a low tech method for this one because the it wasn't quite baked on yet.

Saw that one come up too, figured one of you guys nabbed it.
We must not live too far from each other as this is now the second grill I've seen get listed that you have picked up.

I will soon have my own Q300 for sale.

I guess this gives me hope that I will actually be able to get something decent for it price-wise, as I have not noticed them selling for triple digits in our area before.

Congrats on the find, the nice rehab and the sale.

A razor blade and then some steel wool.

In the past, I have used my angle grinder and wire cup brush on a different Q grill that I rehabbed.

The wire cup brush yields better results if the grease is baked on, but I went with a low tech method for this one because the it wasn't quite baked on yet.

I generally use my power washer, but I have all the parts to make a homemade sandblaster. I hope that can be a little more aggressive, but in a controlled way. I have walnut shells as the blast media.

Back