Hello Weber Grill Folk!

Dave DaRooskie

TVWBB Member
I found this site this morning as I was looking to smoke some fresh kielbasa on my Genesis 1000 and had never attempted it ever before.
I rescued this beast sitting beside a dumpster last summer and after a complete refurb, including new stainless steel bar grates, I can proudly say that without qualm, question or qualification, this is the finest grill I have ever had the pleasure of owning in nearly a half-century of grilling!
Who says you can't smoke on a 1000? With an ambient temperature of 40 degrees, keeping a steady 225 for two hours was a cinch! I had a foil box of hickory from Weber that came in a four-pack assortment and put it on the flavorizer bars over the intersection of the #1 burner and cross-tube.I kept the kielbasa on the indirect and it smoked like a school boy! Just beautiful! Many thanks (and thumbs up) to the folks who imparted their wisdom here on-site! Wonderful site, wonderful grill, wonderful folks! I feel Lawrence Welk coming on: Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

Hey Dave, imagine that very same sausage (my favourite, Kielbasa) smoked the very same way you did, but over charcoal instead of gas....

...and you can find some poor souls unloading their perfectly fine older Weber kettles the very same way you found the Gennie...

either way, Welcome to the best BBQ / Grillin' joint on the internet!

Back