Korean Beef Ribs

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Flanken-style Beef ribs were on sale and have been wanting to try a Korean Beef Barbeque recipe for quite some time. Bought 1 1/2 pounds.

Peeled, cored and rough chopped 1/2 an Asian pear, chopped 2 green onions and put them in a blender. Added 3 cloves of garlic and pulsed the blender until everything was finely chopped. Poured in 1 cup of water, 3/8 cup of soy sauce, 3/16 cup sugar, 1/8 cup rice vinegar and mixed everything up. Poured it all into a ziplock, added the ribs and put it in the fridge for 3 hours.

Drained the marinade and grilled the beef over a hot fire for 2-3 minutes per side.

UEpwB49.jpg

Sprinkled the ribs with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions.

desupFi.jpg

Time To Eat!

nscLh9l.jpg

D99Zy21.jpg

Tasty, although a little chewy! Will be doing this again, however will marinade the meat for at least an hour longer.

fwiw - this is a Jamie Purviance recipe from the book "Way To Grill"

Last edited:
I love that recipe Robert. Done it a couple of times myself. Don't think it looked as lovely as yours. Beautiful plate.

Last edited:
Love Korean BBQ short ribs! I’m too lazy to make the marinade from scratch so I just buy the bottle stuff ��

Robert i love the plate shot, my wife is Korean and we have these often, we always marinade at least over night. The only thing missing is a good Kimchi to round out that plate, plus i can never only make a few as left overs are amazing.

Back