Oregonian "Classic Barbecue Rub"

Kevin K

TVWBB Fan
I was inspired by Jim's error in the Sweet Sauce by Aaron Franklin post to share this one I tried from The Oregonian.

a few notes:

• I thought the rub was good
  • do what you will with the cooking instructions - I think we all know how to do better
  • The Oregonian REALLY needs someone to review their recipes! this was already a repost, no way this makes 10.5 cups, and 11/2 hours?!?

The Oregonian "Classic Barbecue Rub"
3 T granulated sugar
2 T smoked paprika
2 T kosher salt
2 T packed dark brown sugar
1 T ground cumin
1 T ground black pepper
1 T onion powder
1 T garlic powder
2 t chili powder
1/2 t cayenne pepper

mix well.

Oregonian Recipes

I was inspired by Jim's error in the Sweet Sauce by Aaron Franklin post to share this one I tried from The Oregonian.

a few notes:

• I thought the rub was good
  • do what you will with the cooking instructions - I think we all know how to do better
  • The Oregonian REALLY needs someone to review their recipes! this was already a repost, no way this makes 10.5 cups, and 11/2 hours?!?

The Oregonian "Classic Barbecue Rub"
3 T granulated sugar
2 T smoked paprika
2 T kosher salt
2 T packed dark brown sugar
1 T ground cumin
1 T ground black pepper
1 T onion powder
1 T garlic powder
2 t chili powder
1/2 t cayenne pepper

mix well.

I have read the Oregonian for years and find their recipes, fair, at best. I prefer the L.A. Times food section and the NY Times food section. As for the Oregonian, I think as a paper, it is not quite up to par for putting under the birdcage to catch whatever falls. Terrible paper. Most of the news are reprints from other papers. If my wife didn't do the NY Times crossword puzzle daily reprinted from the Times, I would cancel this paper in a heartbeat. The Sunday edition contains about 5 lbs. of ads and a few pieces of news. We Oregonians deserve better.

Back