What do you look like?

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I want to share an odd story with you.

I went to The Home Depot yesterday for some light bulbs. While there I visited the Weber accessories display and noticed replacement gas grill igniters and remembered that I needed two for my Weber Summit 450.

Not sure if the one in front of me was the right part, I called Weber Customer Service and asked. Glad I did because in fact I needed a different part. Since the Big Orange Retail Giant did not have my part, I placed an order with Weber right there on the spot over the phone.

I gave the nice lady my name, address, phone number, credit card, etc. We get to the email address and she notices my account says "mail@virtualweberbullet.com".

She says, "Are you Virtual Weber? I mean, when I go to those pages, are those your pages?"

"Yes, that's my website. I run a fan site for the Weber smoker and a discussion forum for all Weber grills."

"Oh, we get calls about your website all the time. We can't recommend a lot of the things on your site because they void the warranty, like drilling holes in the lid for thermometers...that might rust the lid."

"Yes, I understand."

Then she says, "So what do you look like?"

:confused:

I say, "Do you mean how do I look physically? Like you want to see a picture of me?"

"Yes. You have photos of a lot of people on there, but not one of you."

I say, "You can find a photo of me by going to the homepage at virtualweberbullet.com and clicking 'Welcome Message' at the bottom of the page. There you'll find a photo of me. But the site's not about me, it's about everyone else and about your great products, so I don't prominently feature myself in photos."

We wrapped up the order and thanked each other and I went on my way. But now I realize she knows what I look like but I don't know what she looks like. Maybe next time I call I'll ask. :D

But Frank, then it would not have been a blind date. About that same time 40 years ago I went on a blind date that made me wish for temporary blindness. But a few blind dates later I met my wife.
Be careful. I went on a terrible blind date that way 40 years ago. Guess I should have asked for a picture.

Back