First Ever Full Packer

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Smoke day was a success for us, first time smoking a full packer.
We used Chris A. high heat method which worked fantastic.
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/brisket4.html
The 18.5 was sure stuffed with a 12 pound brisket in it. I ran a stead 365 for the whole cook.
For lunch Barb made some sailboat deviled eggs and poppers. She also made here Mac & Cole slaw salad as a side. I made my version of Cliff’s root beer beans as a side.
The brisket came out very good considering that it was in the freezer for three days shy of a year. Very tender and tasty. Smoke was pecan and apple with dizzy pig raging river rub.
Hope everyone had a great Smoke Day, we sure did.

100_0312_zpscyoo5e0l.jpg

100_0339_zpsbde4bz2w.jpg

Whitney on guard duty
100_0345_zpsaujdwslf.jpg

100_0351_zpstordyoif.jpg

100_0299_zps06szrc8j.jpg

100_0367_zpsooyd6j9v.jpg

100_0369_zps7grbdswy.jpg

100_0374_zpsbfhlwvqr.jpg

100_0402_zpsqn5uxgym.jpg

Egg McRich with brisket, super good.
100_0385_zpsrlvv2enu.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on your beautiful SD 13 cook you two!

as a side note, my lawyer will be contacting yours about using the name Egg McRich. :)

Congrats on your beautiful SD 13 cook you two!

as a side note, my lawyer will be contacting yours about using the name Egg McRich. :)

That's funny Bob, actually I've been using that term for about 30 years. When Barb used to go to her office at about 5am I used to make her an egg with bacon on an English muffin and wrap it up in foil to take to work which she ate a little later in the morning. One of her co workers thought it was a from Mickey Ds and Barb told her I made and it was an egg McRich, the rest is history.
I tell my attorney to expect some correspondence :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well then there now, my apologies Mr McRich :p

I remember when Mc D's first came out with the egg McMufffin they advertised it as breakfast was coming to McDonalds.
My survey crew and I stood in line for one that first day, a guy in front of us, not knowing that the McMuffin was all they offered, told the clerk he wanted 2 eggs over easy, toast, and a side of bacon.

Back