Genesis II LX Grill or a Summit Grill

Mitchel T

I'm looking at replacing my trusty 20+ year old Natural Gas Weber with either a Genesis II LX Grill or a Summit Grill.

My main reason is that I want a Sear Station and I kind of want to spoil myself. ;)

The new Genesis II LX Grills have a "High +" setting while the Summit Grills have the extra burners for the Sear Station...which will produce a hotter area for searing?

Thanks,

Mitch

Not sure which would do better, but the Summit also has a rotisserie burner, built in rotisserie, and a built in smoker box. The Summit 470 checks all my boxes, but it's just too spendy for me, and with my charcoal grills I don't use the gasser for enough to justify it.

IMO the Summit (X70) will be more versatile than the Genesis. Especially if you like doing things like rotisserie and so on. IMO the searing station may be a gimmicky thing. (but then all my grills get hot enough to sear just fine without one). I do like the smoke and rotisserie burner and could DEFINITELY see using them. Also at least currently I think the Summit is still made here in the Chicago area. The Genesis.................China.

Back