Power Supply

KennyDado

TVWBB Member
I've ordered and been receiving parts for a new hm build and got my power supply in today. This will be a more standard build, my other build is a sans-rpi hack job so my following issue hadn't come up.

I ordered this 12v/1a switching supply off adafruit: https://www.adafruit.com/product/798

It occurred to me as I was opening the packages that I didn't really spec this out thoroughly. I went back to the wiki and found it links to this supply on mouser: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...00virtualkey55310000virtualkey553-WSU120-1000

My question is does anyone have any experience with the adafruit supply?

It'll be a week or so before I'll have my hm put together for testing/cooking, if I should go ahead and order a different power supply it would be nice to know now.

Thanks for any help!

I have no experience with the adafruit supply, but if you plan on using a servo damper I suggest you look at a 2A power supply. In theory 1A should be enough, but in practice many people have proven that a lot of 1A supplies will brown out.

Good to know, I'll pick up a 2A supply. In the mean time the 1a does power up the HM without the servo/blower attached yet.

I sent Bryan's case design off to my local library to have it printed up and boy did they screw it up!

hnvLhaM.jpg

I asked if they could give it another shot... If that doesn't work out I also spotted a laser cutter in the library that I might have to learn to use.

Last edited:
Wowie, how do they mess up a flat square like that!? Whichever nerd set up the printer there must have left town for a bit and everyone else is just <shrug>

Wowie, how do they mess up a flat square like that!? Whichever nerd set up the printer there must have left town for a bit and everyone else is just <shrug>

Lol that's kind of what I was thinking too. I'm guessing the nozzle was too far from the bed for the first layer or something like that. The bottom right corner is also warped or lifted up, same for the back of the case as well. But somehow the inside surfaces all look good and the dimensions seem mostly good, it self corrected somewhere and the top edges are flat and the holes line up between the two pieces.

Back