Hello From Seneca Falls, NY

Frank M.

Hi, I'm Frank M. and new to this TVWBB. I Just picked up a shiny new WSM 18" and looking forward to a couple of good seasoning sessions.

Waiting for a Stainless Steel Door with latch to arrive.

Has anybody tried the new Weber Briquets yet? I just received a promotional sample today from Weber (4 lb. bag). Good enough for one cook on the small Weber table top grill for either burgers, chicken or steak, so they say.

Just wondered if anyone has tried them yet and what do you think?

Ciao for now!

Welcome Frank. Haven't tried the Weber Briquets yet but it's twice the price of Kingsford here in Montreal, QC.

Welcome Frank , I have not used any of the new coal as o am still burning through my stock, try and report your pros and cons. We love hearing opinions .

Greetings! I have not tried the Weber Briquettes yet but I know their OEM is Royal Oak so im not sure what the similarities and differences will be... Of the more "premium" bq's, Stubbs seems to be a crowd favorite and is currently on sale at Lowe's, so if you have one nearby it may be worth a shot.. Also NY here, Eastern long island :)

Just saw a Briquet test on the Virtual Weber Bulletin Board here...can't remember where...but it's a burn test that answered my question above... with the new Weber Briquets, Kingsford Blue regular, Kingsford Blue premium long burning and another one..not sure which one. Was pretty interesting. Bottom line, the new Weber Briquets didn't fare as well as I thought they would. I believe they had as much or even more ash than the K. Blue regular.

Back