Hello from Sandwich IL. my 1st Smoke Day.

Scott Zee

TVWBB Fan
Started the day off with a BEAUTIFUL sunrise this morning. Todays lineup...Caera, making a guest appearance, my NEW protoptype??? 18.5, R2D2 and my workhorse green (DT) Platinum...1st on my 14.5 is Walkerswood HnS chicken thighs. hot n fast about an hour @ 350* MMMMMMMMM.........

Did you use the water pan? Also how much charcoal did you use? How much smoke wood? This will be my first hot and fast thigh cook on my 14.5

Foiled the pan. Filled the ring with a mix of KBB and KComp. filled about half chimney from the middle of the ring... back into middle and then 2 good size apple chunks and a lil more Comp on top. Propped the lid open just I bit...hit 350 no problem

Drink a little drink, Smoke a lttle smoke :wsm:

next on, BCC using a simple brine with a little low sodium seasonsalt added then Webers' Beer Can Chicken seasoning and hot n fast ,1:20 @ 350*

Last edited:
next on, BCB using a simple brine with a little low sodium seasonsalt added then Webers' Beer Can Chicken seasoning and hot n fast ,1:20 @ 350*
That's a mighty fine looking bird. I'm doing my first brined chicken today, I'm also doing one unbrined, just in case, LOL

I hope my chicken comes out half as good as yours look

Love The LOTSA SMOKE in the Thigh Cook Scott!
Walkerswood is GREAT Stuff! I'll bet a fin that was super-duper tasty!

Whole Hen Looks DELISH As Well! VERY Nice Cookin'! VERY Nice!

Thanks to everyone for the nice words. Both cooks turned out great. The thighs were outstanding and the BBC was super moist and Webers BCC seasoning was on point.

Drink a little drink, Smoke a little smoke :wsm:

Back