Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
PENZEYS-As I mentioned on the pork thread, we have a lot of bananas that are ripening very quickly. DH made these muffins for breakfast this morning, making only 1/2 the recipe. We both enjoyed them very much.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
makes 18 muffins

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 TB. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup bananas, mashed (about 2 bananas)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Lightly grease 2 12 cup muffin pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350F. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and the cinnamon. Stir into the bowl with the butter mixture and mix until just blended. Fold in the bananas and the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the muffin pans, filling 18 of the muffin holes 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Source: Penzeys Spices catalog - 2003

Have you ever made a recipe for the first time, and then discover you have made it before? Well, I just did. Yesterday was the 5th time since 2003 that we have made this recipe. Talk about bad memory. lol The 4th time we made them, we made them for our daughter to take to work to sell for charity. She said they went very quickly.

LOL, yes, I have done this before but not the 4th or 5th time. I've tried a couple of recipes that look interesting and then after cooking/tasting it, I realized that I made it before. I really need to mark the recipe with notes to prevent this from happening again!

So is this recipe a keeper for you?

LOL, yes, I have done this before but not the 4th or 5th time. I've tried a couple of recipes that look interesting and then after cooking/tasting it, I realized that I made it before. I really need to mark the recipe with notes to prevent this from happening again!

So is this recipe a keeper for you?
Hi Bill, glad I'm not the only one. lol The last time was back in 2005 and it was filed away in the wrong place. The copy that was used yesterday I found in the banana binder when I was looking for ideas to use up the bananas. I tape the recipe we will be using on a sheet of plain white paper. Then make notes on it and then it goes in a binder in numerical order after I log it in. and....tmi, sorry, lol

Back