Weber Genesis S-310 nameplate discontinued?

Tony Cap

I saw the great write up on refinishing the nameplate on the older models but since the colors are reversed on the newer ones does anyone have a solution for these?
I contacted Weber and looked online and they showed the part number 66513 as no longer available.

The newer ones are just a kind of plastic. Weber still makes an equivalent for their current grills that I would think should work. The old ones are a relatively easy restore. I haven’t gone up with good way to do anything with the newer ones once the “chrome” plating peels off. You can buy the new ones directly from Weber,

Thanks, yes I called them today and she gave me the part number and told me it is no longer available.
I thought the new models looked like the same name plate but she didn’t offer that as a solution.
I will check one out at HD and see if the measurements and mounting hole look the same.

That's a good plan, but it is disappointing that Weber customer service can't do better than that.

Best bet is to find one from a donor grill. There are enough of them out there long enough now that you should be able to find a junk grill that you can steal one from. Also, are they not the same or similar to the older Spirit grills? Lots of them floating around.

aGnkx2p.jpg

Tony, even if the posts are different on the Spirit grills, you can just grind them off and use RTV red to paste them on. On all my rehabs, I don't replace or reuse the old clips, I just put some of the rtv on the back of the log and stick it on.

Back