Genesis Platinum

Ryan RS in Mass

TVWBB Fan
00J0J_eKo2Q1b7x0E_1200x900.jpg

00X0X_f84CzD9vcMJ_1200x900.jpg

"Stainless Steel Weber Genesis grill. Special Edition, has stainless cook top and stainless flavor bars and electronic ignition very clean.
Propane model
Has side burner. $350."

Ok, I am not going to lie, I really want this grill.
It is close to my mom's place on the Cape and I kind of feel like this is the ultimate of this style of Weber, which I happen to really like.

I don't particularly need the side burner and I've always said such a grill would be too large for my deck, but I could handle having it and I know that's the only way you get a Platinum.

Pair this baby with some rcplanebuyer grates and flavorizer bars I'd have a literal "Forever Grill".

So what is this thing realistically worth?

If I sold my Q300 and my Silver B I might be able to get up a little capital to buy it, but I really am in no position to pay $350 for it right now due to other financial priorities.

Before you spring for it be sure it's a Platinum and not just a Special Edition. Very different animals. The Platinum is all stainless (even the frame except for the cabinet floor) the Special Edition is not. It's stainless for cosmetic sake only and IMO not really worth the "reach". There's a lot of people selling things and calling them what they're not. I.E. I just saw a so called Summit 670 listed for same that is a 620. Again very different animal.

Oh I definitely would.
It *appears* to be stainless in the photos - but I would be certain.

I don't think the guy really knows what he has - in the listing heading it is called a Genesis Gold.
That lid definitely says Platinum.

That is an 05-06 Platinum C. I rehabbed one of those and it is my daily grilling machine. I converted it to an open cart because the cabinets on those grills tend to rust out badly which is too bad.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?74441-Another-05-Genesis-Platinum-C-rehab&highlight=Platinum

Haha, yup...Weber used cheap material for the cabinets and they tend to rust out badly.

And this is why I ask these questions on here - I was unaware of these rust issues.
I see now they had the same rust issues the cabinet Genesis Silvers had.

Hmm.

What did you pay for yours, Sam?

And this is why I ask these questions on here - I was unaware of these rust issues.

Hmm.

Paid around $75 for it...it came with brand new OEM Weber burners so I thought that was fair and I really wanted the grill.

Hmm.

Ryan,
That certainly appears to be a real Platinum and in nice shape for what you can see. There is actually a lesser model that is the same width but with no side burner. That is the one I got for $100. The bottom, sides and back of the cart are all painted steel. Mine all had rust so I currently plan to also turn mine into an open cart. Other than the steel parts mentioned this is one great grill and the very last gasp of the classic Genesis design.

Chris, this redhead looks pretty good down your way. It looks like he cleaned up the lid in fact he had to of way to clean for something like that from the average seller.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/for/d/propane-grill/6694377154.html

Stefan H and I were just talking about that one yesterday (We both live in the same area.)
I would probably go get it but I am fixing to replace my fence and everything in the backyard needs to go into the garage so no one steels it. It is already going to be crowded so another grill would probably not be the best idea. ROFL!

You or Stefan needs to get that offer 40 bucks they probably would take it. Your already stuffing a bunch of stuff in the garage I think you can stuff that grill in there also. :cool:

Chris,

That one is the model that I have. If you don't need a side burner it does give you LOTS of space for stuff! Pretty steep price, but it does look like it has either been gone over to remove rust and repainted or the cart is in extraordinary shape for painted steel that is at least 12 years old. If you wanted one just to have and valued not having to put a bunch of work into it, maybe...

Last edited:
Few months back there was an ad for the same Genesis Platinum for $40 here in ATL. So back and forth with the owner come and get it. I just got a new boss at the time. The day/evening I was supposed to pick it up, he said let's have a meeting which ran really late, I did not make it, owner got upset and sold it to someone else. I was not happy. Since then the new boss got let go....sometimes things just don't work out.... :(

Last edited:
Few months back there was an ad for the same Genesis Platinum for $40 here in ATL. So back and forth with the owner come and get it. I just got a new boss at the time. The day/evening I was supposed to pick it up, he said let's have a meeting which ran really late, I did not make it, owner got upset and sold it to someone else. I was not happy. Since then the new boss got let go....sometimes things just don't work out.... :(

Wow, Chris, what a bummer.

I will be on the lookout for a more reasonably priced Genesis Platinum as you guys have all proven to me that they are out there.

I wish that one would have the side burner. Then I would replace my Gold C. Yes I could just move the manifold and side burner from Gold C but the black on grey would look weird. And the price is steep.

- - - Updated - - -

You or Stefan needs to get that offer 40 bucks they probably would take it. Your already stuffing a bunch of stuff in the garage I think you can stuff that grill in there also. :cool:

Don't tempt me here... lol

Back