Is this worth it??

Its not a table top grill. The inside is toast, and needs all new parts. There are better deals for things like that. Do you have a BBQ island in need of that size insert?

Its not a table top grill. The inside is toast, and needs all new parts. There are better deals for things like that. Do you have a BBQ island in need of that size insert?

It also looks like it has a NG line on it. And on a second look the greats don't appear to be there at all.

So one of the guys I used to work with had a Jenn Air grill and he needed some parts for it. I was helping him look up where to get them and found out that their outdoor grills are under the Nexgrill umbrella. So they are not made by Jenn Air. I don't know what the quality of them is as I have never used one but I do know that Nexgrill also makes the Kitchen Aid line of grills and my dad has one of those and he loves his grill. I haven't gotten to cook on it but it does seem like a nice grill. That being said I don't know how easy it will be to get parts for that grill and if it would be worth it. But it does seem their outdoor grills are not up to the same standards as their kitchen appliances just by a quick look but I could be wrong.

So I wasn't able to see all the pictures on first look as I didn't log into facebook. But after logging in and seeing the inside of that grill. I am by no means no expert but it looks like that grill had either a grease fire or something in it for it to look like that and burn up the insides. So I would also be worried about the structure of the firebox as well. I know it is only $20 but it could end being completely useless or too much to restore it.

It's $20 firm! That cracked me up. "I'm not taking less than twenty bucks for this burned out grill, gol darn it!"

In any event, that is the first twenty to be spent of many.

I'd say pass, unless there are parts that you already need. Otherwise, it is a money pit to make you feel like you got a good deal for $20 bucks.

Just one opinion of many.

Slainte!

Tim

There were some earlier versions that were really well made all solid 300 series stainless, and good looking/cooking beasts. Sadly they went the way of this rusted out hulk.

Back