Happy Smoke Day

AndyUK

It's a beautiful day for a bbq in north east England. Hope you're enjoying good weather, wherever you are.

Happy Smoke Day!

Ribs prepped:

And cooking:

ABTs over ribs - some kind of full house, surely:

The kettle - chicken thighs in a Mexican rub, onions/mushrooms/peppers in a balsamic/garlic/EVO marinade, and buttered sweetcorn in foil:

Apologies for the fuzziness at this point!

ABTs - I'd never made these before last weekend, I've made them three times since. They're the bomb. Everyone's gone mad for them. I should have been making these years ago!

I forgot to take a picture of the finished ribs. They got demolished pretty quickly, as ever.

Dessert - char-grilled pineapple in a vanilla, lime and rum syrup with vanilla ice-cream:

What kind of beer do you have there Andy?

Or: how much does Goose Island cost over there?

Yes, Goose Island. Good stuff. I noticed the new label describes it an an English style IPA, which I think is quite ironic given the number of UK craft beers which are marketed as US style...

A bottle in my local supermarket costs £1.79, or $2.77 according to Google's exchange rate. It was on offer today, at 4 bottles for £6, or $2.32 each. I'm guessing that might seem quite expensive compared with what you'd pay in the US but like I say, it costs no more than a similar UK beer.

I've mostly been drinking rum punch this evening, mind, so apologies for any spelling mitsakes.

Last edited:
Goose Island is from Chicago...they make a Belgian Style Pale Ale called Matilda that I love...If you don't like strong, hefty Belgian beers than stay away but you can get a 4 pack of Goose Neck varieties at Wegmans here in central mass for I think $9 so you're paying about $2.25 a beer which is 7% and tasty...So it works out that 4 beers = 1 bottle of wine so if you're going to spend $20 on a nice bottle of wine the cold beer is 1/2 price :)

Back