Gourmet System wok

Pat Barnes

TVWBB Pro
Finally got around to ttaking the wok out for it's maiden voyage. I used the briquette baskets but fired a small chimney full of lump for heat. Let hte wok heat for the 10-15 minutes called for. Did chicken thighs and veggies first time so if it didn't turn out I wouldn't be out that much since I got the thighs at $.50/lb. Itgot hot but maybe not as hot as I thought it should be. I may have ahd too much ingredients and didn't let ot reheat between additions. Still turned out edible. I'll try it agin with other stuff soon. Anyone else using it?

I have the older style stainless steel wok and it gets real hot and everything I've cooked on it turns out great. I've thought about getting the Cast iron Wok but I doubt it would have any advantage over what I already have.

Wayne

Pat,I've got a CI wok. It doesn't work that well on my Genesis(didn't get hot enough) but on a chimney full of briquets,it heated up in no time. And stayed hot! Although,I have to admit,the last couple of times I used it,I used it indoors.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Oh well.

Thanks for the feedback,guys. It will be a couple of weeks before I can experiment wit the wok. I want to try different ways to heat it. I'd like to find/buold something similar to the perforated ring that contains the coals in the WSM. I would like it to be about the circumfrence of the hole in the grill of the Gourment system. I may look for a piece of pipe at the scrap yard and drill hole in it. I'm afraid that anything lighter wouldn't take the heat.

I use a CI-wok. It has alot of mass,and once it get´s hot it stays hot. I put mine on the grate with a pile of briq´s under it.

But i let it get real hot(lid on the kettle) before i cook on it.

Back